Buddha of the Board

New way to get your medical weed

Post by maryjane48 »

Cannimed.ca
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Re: New Way to get Your medical weed

Post by Walking Wounded »

Why do they take the CBD's out of the plant? CBD is what attacks and kills some types of cancer.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Walking Wounded wrote:Why do they take the CBD's out of the plant? CBD is what attacks and kills some types of cancer.

yea i wondered that to , but it is the place the federal govt allowed to grow as a profitable company, when legal medical weed was first allowed.there is going to be close to 200 licences handed out
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: New way to get your medical weed

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/1-3b-medi ... -1.1872652

The Conservative government is launching a $1.3-billion free market in medical marijuana on Tuesday, eventually providing an expected 450,000 Canadians with quality weed.

Health Canada is phasing out an older system on Monday that mostly relied on small-scale, homegrown medical marijuana of varying quality, often diverted illegally to the black market.

In its place, large indoor marijuana farms certified by the RCMP and health inspectors will produce, package and distribute a range of standardized weed, all of it sold for whatever price the market will bear. The first sales are expected in the next few weeks, delivered directly by secure courier.
southernfrau
Board Meister

Post by southernfrau »

Not impressed. I was on the new site and the cost has doubled. From 5 up to 9 - 12 bucks a gram. And once you sign on with one of them, your government license is voided by Health Canada. Then you fill out 3 forms and instead of carrying a license as we do now, you have to carry the label off the product with you that has your name on it as ID.

I sure hope lots of places come on board for licensing and the prices drop. For those not working, disabled as I am - doubling the price is not fair as it isn't covered under any medical plan. We pay and then use it on income tax. For me and my monthly amount allowable would be 810 bucks a month. Ouch..

Sure hope Sensible BC gets their referendum. Then maybe the price will drop and we don't have to jump through hoops
to get our stuff needed for pain. Prairie Plant systems aka Cannibinmed was the government contractor. Sure they will have 3 types to buy but still....$$$$$$
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

southernfrau wrote:Not impressed. I was on the new site and the cost has doubled. From 5 up to 9 - 12 bucks a gram. And once you sign on with one of them, your government license is voided by Health Canada. Then you fill out 3 forms and instead of carrying a license as we do now, you have to carry the label off the product with you that has your name on it as ID.

I sure hope lots of places come on board for licensing and the prices drop. For those not working, disabled as I am - doubling the price is not fair as it isn't covered under any medical plan. We pay and then use it on income tax. For me and my monthly amount allowable would be 810 bucks a month. Ouch..

Sure hope Sensible BC gets their referendum. Then maybe the price will drop and we don't have to jump through hoops
to get our stuff needed for pain. Prairie Plant systems aka Cannibinmed was the government contractor. Sure they will have 3 types to buy but still....$$$$$$

a grower on van island said him and others will put aside so much for low income people after they start growing
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

Walking Wounded wrote:Why do they take the CBD's out of the plant? CBD is what attacks and kills some types of cancer.

They should offer every option. Some people benefit from THC, some from CBD, some want both, some want either or. If anything, they should have a strain that's high in CBD and low in THC since that's hardest to find and has shown medical benefit with minimal side effects.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta's documentary shows a patient who was having 300 seizures a week despite trying multiple different treatments, some so extreme they almost killed her. When the only options left were strong veterinary drug, induced coma or marijuana, they tried a strain of high CBD and low THC because they heard it's beneficial and didn't want to get her high. After taking the marijuana she was down to 1 seizure a week.

"WEED" - CNN Dr. Sanjay Gupta Special- Full Documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXvGOQkBLKc

Dr. Sanjay Gupta summarizing his recently enlightened view on marijuana and apologizing for his previous ignorant statements:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ErzvWyjTf0
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Cheaper to buy it from gangsters now, and that's what people will do. Funny how the price went up from the old system of small farmers when they went to massive commercial operations (with no size limit) and giving the public no choice but to buy from mega corps.

The CPC went from jailing smalltime farmers to giving their CEO Pharmaceutical Corp friends a 1.3 Billion dollar monopoly.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Atomoa wrote:Cheaper to buy it from gangsters now, and that's what people will do.

Same thing will happen if it is ever legalized... it will be cheaper to buy it from Gansters... They don't bother with regulations, power costs, employee pay, permits, shipping, taxes, etc...etc...etc...

Any argument that legalizing pot would save in law enforcement costs is simply rediculous... Leap is a sadly uneducated organization.

But whatever... pot smokers can believe in their utopian dreams if they please.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Atenbacon, it can be grown outside in dirt. It costs the same to grow marijuana as it does tomatoes, permits and shipping included. How much are tomatoes going for these days? The profits are in the illegality of it. Making medical marijuana big business will result in those who can't afford the price gouge grow their own or buy off the black market.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

lakevixen wrote:

a grower on van island said him and others will put aside so much for low income people after they start growing

Sure they will. All the trimmings and leaves and stems. All the crap they cannot get rid of. Then the purchaser has to pay for a secure delivery by courier because even if the guy is next door the government has decided they have to pay for shipping via courier.
Once the extra costs are added in this will end up much more expensive. Especially once you consider the selling price will be based on "what the market will bear".
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

atenbacon wrote:
Same thing will happen if it is ever legalized... it will be cheaper to buy it from Gansters... They don't bother with regulations, power costs, employee pay, permits, shipping, taxes, etc...etc...etc...

Any argument that legalizing pot would save in law enforcement costs is simply rediculous... Leap is a sadly uneducated organization.

But whatever... pot smokers can believe in their utopian dreams if they please.

If it was legalized it will be cheaper to stick a half dozen or so plants in my garden and grow my own because legally I can. Buy a handful of seeds and stick them in a pot. It is called weed for a reason. There would be no reason for the gangs to even try to sell it if you could legally grow your own for free. Of course there would still be some people selling but the numbers would in all likely hood go way down as would the prices for marijuana.

If it is no longer illegal to grow or have in your possession reasonable amounts of marijuana of course the cost of law enforcement will go down. If it is not illegal, there is nothing to enforce, hence no cost at all.
Now I know you are going to bring up the cost to police impaired drivers but that is just a straw man argument and has nothing to do with marijuana being legal or illegal.
Last edited by butcher99 on Oct 1st, 2013, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butcher99
Guru

Post by butcher99 »

jennylives wrote:Atenbacon, it can be grown outside in dirt. It costs the same to grow marijuana as it does tomatoes, permits and shipping included. How much are tomatoes going for these days? The profits are in the illegality of it. Making medical marijuana big business will result in those who can't afford the price gouge grow their own or buy off the black market.

Especially since it appears that once all the costs, shipping by secure courier etc are added in it will cost more. Get your license buy a couple grams and then keep your labels and buy it from the cheapest source. Like your neighbour who grows a couple ounces a year.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

jennylives wrote:Atenbacon, it can be grown outside in dirt. It costs the same to grow marijuana as it does tomatoes, permits and shipping included. How much are tomatoes going for these days? The profits are in the illegality of it. Making medical marijuana big business will result in those who can't afford the price gouge grow their own or buy off the black market.

And further denuding the planet of native trees and contributing to CO2 emmissions. Complete hypocrisy, IMO.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

butcher99 wrote: No, it will be cheaper to stick a half dozen or so plants in my garden and grow my own because legally I can. Buy a handful of seeds and stick them in a pot. It is called weed for a reason.

If it is no longer illegal to grow or have in your possession reasonable amounts of marijuana of course the cost of law enforcement will go down. If it is not illegal, there is nothing to enforce, hence no cost at all.
Now I know you are going to bring up the cost to police impaired drivers but that is just a straw man argument and has nothing to do with marijuana being legal or illegal.

Health Canada is placing no limits on the number of these new capital-intensive facilities, which will have mandatory vaults and security systems. Private-dwelling production will be banned. Imports from places such as the Netherlands will be allowed.

Return to “Canada”