Senator Mike Duffy takes sick leave

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Senator Mike Duffy takes sick leave

Post by Donald G »

Criminal behavior is NOT a sickness. It is an option that must be CHOSEN by the criminal or criminals involved. I suspect Mr Duffy's leave falls under the heading captioned "Ways to Stonewall and Prolong being Paid Rather than go to Jail".
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I could have sworn I heard on the radio early this morning that the Senate was going to take action against three of their own and Duffy was one of them. I don't see anything about that on any of the news sites, though. Musta been dreaming, I guess (but I don't think so).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

grammafreddy wrote:I could have sworn I heard on the radio early this morning that the Senate was going to take action against three of their own and Duffy was one of them. I don't see anything about that on any of the news sites, though. Musta been dreaming, I guess (but I don't think so).

You weren't dreaming gf:

Senate motion would suspend embattled senators Wallin, Brazeau and Duffy over ‘gross negligence’

OTTAWA — The Senate took an unprecedented step Thursday by moving to suspend three embattled senators without pay — even though none has been formally charged with wrongdoing and one expects to take a medical leave.

The RCMP are investigating allegations of misspending against senators Mike Duffy, Patrick Brazeau and Pamela Wallin.

The government Senate leader, Claude Carignan, told the Senate Thursday afternoon that all three should be suspended without pay due to “gross negligence” in their use of taxpayer dollars.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/10/17/embattled-sen-mike-duffy-says-he-is-taking-medical-leave-from-senate-will-return-when-doctors-say-its-ok/
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Thanks, CF. Good to know I still have all my faculties :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “Canada”