New Brunswick Demonstration Well Handled by RCMP

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

New Brunswick Demonstration Well Handled by RCMP

Post by Donald G »

After reading everything I have been able to find regarding the demonstration I must highly commend the RCMP leadership and front line members for their handling of the TWO demonstrations. I say two demonstrations because there was the larger PEACEFUL demonstration and the much smaller CRIMINAL LED demonstration.

The RCMP fully enabled the first and came down hard on the second, which is as it should be. Criminal behavior deserves to be dealt with as criminal behavior regardless of where and when it takes place. The comments from both the PEACEFUL demonstrators and the police went out of their way to identify the two, very separate, factions. The criminal faction blamed and continues to blame the RCMP for the demonstration. Typical behavior for criminals.

That the police took the initiative to scoop all of the firearms, ammunition and other offensive weapons no doubt played a significant role in the fact that no one was killed or seriously injured during the two demonstrations. Hopefully the situation depicts that RCMP leadership, under the new Commissioner, is slowly coming out of the dark ages of past years. One can only hope ...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: New Brunswick Demonstration Well Handled by RCMP

Post by maryjane48 »

you forgot to add that the injunction was lifted yesterday, so if the cops had waited 4 days , there would have been no confrontation
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

An injunction issued by a court ORDERS the police to act. It does not leave it up to the police to determine IF they will act. Perhaps those who criticize the police for acting, on the basis of what MIGHT happen four days in the future, should make themselves available to let the court and police know the future in advance.

I wonder what might have happened if the police had NOT acted when they did and the peaceful demonstrators had NOT made they feelings known regarding the criminal demonstrators?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

when the rcmp do there job,the same cop bashers come on here and complain every chance the get.if the cops would of waited the 4 days and something bad would of happened the some cop bashers would come on here making -COPS to busy eating donugnut jokes-
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

you both are implying because they were mostly natives that there was going to be trouble ,no innocense until proven guilty in canada anymore? oh wait , they were not conservative sentators , right i get it now
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

A request by SWN Resources Canada to extend a court injunction that prevents anyone from impeding its staging area and and storage facility near, Rexton, N.B., has been denied by a judge.

Justice George Rideout ruled Monday afternoon that there were no grounds to extend the injunction, after hearing arguments in the Court of Queen's Bench on Friday.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.2128622

at any rate a judge has said protests can continue, no grounds for injunction, cops go home
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Except, there was an injunction at the time. And further, weapons and explosives were found.

Throwing Molotov cocktails at police vehicles is not a good way to go about a peaceful protest.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lakevixen wrote:you both are implying because they were mostly natives that there was going to be trouble ,no innocense until proven guilty in canada anymore? oh wait , they were not conservative sentators , right i get it now

NO YOU WERE, your just interested in making this another poor little native cry me a river story.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

FreeRights wrote:Except, there was an injunction at the time. And further, weapons and explosives were found.

Throwing Molotov cocktails at police vehicles is not a good way to go about a peaceful protest.

ya think
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

My comments spoke of the peaceful and criminal behavior of CANADIAN citizens, of whatever genetic background. And of my admiration for the police who calmly assessed and handled each person individually. It was not only natives who were involved in the group PEACEFULLY demonstrating nor the much smaller group involved in CRIMINAL behavior. Since criminal behavior is the result of an unacceptable socially conditioned behavior, rather than an inherited trait, it is to be found in all races of people ... unfortunately. That the police often do so well at assessing and identifying the wide range of behavior in the interval between criminal and peaceful behavior speaks well of those involved in making such decisions.

That the never ending goal of some of the individuals in each group is to do everything possible to provoke the police into retaliating emotionally is an often witnessed side issue. In this case it evidently met with complete failure.

Return to “Canada”