Canada moving toward Bangladesh H&S standards

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Re: Canada moving toward Bangladesh H&S standards

Post by bob vernon »

How can Canada expect to be competitive with these nations if we don't get our wages, benefits, and labour standards down to their level? We can't. Steven Harper has taken on the task of reducing the luxury level of wages we have in this nation. And his cuts to Federal transfer payments to the provinces for Medicare is the beginning of cutting there, too.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Canada moving toward Bangladesh H&S standards

Post by Rwede »

bob vernon wrote: And his cuts to Federal transfer payments to the provinces for Medicare is the beginning of cutting there, too.

That's completely incorrect.

The CHT is made up of a cash transfer and tax transfer. In 2008-09, CHT cash transfer payments from the federal government to the provinces and territories were $22.6 billion and tax point transfers were worth $13.9 billion. The cash transfer is expected to grow to 28.6 billion in 2012-2013, a growth rate of approximately six per cent.[1] Annual cash levels are set in legislation up to the 2013-14 fiscal year as a result of the September 2004 Health Accord between the federal government and the provinces/territories.[2]
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”