Clement Wants to Increase Vets Healthcare Costs

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Clement Wants to Increase Vets Healthcare Costs

Post by Treblehook »

Tony Clement, President of Treasury Board has been talking about increasing the cost of healthcare for veterans, while today a story appears in the Winnipeg Free Press revealing that he was the recipient of gold embossed business cards in violation of government policy. This political creep wants to save money on the backs of veterans while he strokes his own egotistical, self importance with "I am special" business cards? I say "Back Off Clement. You have done absolutely nothing to warrant such special treatment"!!!!! Is this further evidence of another politician slithering up to the trough?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada ... 48741.html
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Clement Wants to Increase Vets Healthcare Costs

Post by GordonH »

The men & women who join the armed services of Canada to defend our rights & freedom and are willing to be shot at to do so, should not be getting cutbacks on services.

It's not as if they would ever cutback their service to this country.

If you disagree with this cutback and others to our service men & women as well veterans, I encourage you to email your MP as well Tony Clement and tell them what you think of this.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I think we should send Mr Clement to Afghanistan for a tour.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

as disturbing the actions of clement and baird are, the true magnitude of their offenses are being under reported, or dare i say, covered up.

these two elitist scumbags never destroyed the offensive materials. when confronted with the fact that they were acting in a manner that was unacceptable they chose to 'purchase their indulgences' by writing a personal cheque, like any corrupt politician would do. they figure they can pay off the people of 'canada' for their arrogant actions, not with millions or even thousands of dollars, but for merely the cost of printing the cards. what a bargain! that is IF we accept it. i certainly don't. people like clement and baird, that figure they are above the rules have no place in 'government'.

here is another story that illustrates just how differently regular folk are treated when caught using the marks of the Queen without permission.

Screen-printed underwear, outdated safety videos among items illegally using copyrighted government material

BY ANDREA HILL, POSTMEDIA NEWS DECEMBER 8, 2013

OTTAWA — A screen printer that made underwear with a familiar beaver logo, a former government employee with a fondness for posting an outdated radiation safety video online and a private language school that used government second language evaluation tests were among the handful of parties that came under fire for illegally using copyrighted government materials in the last seven years.

In response to a question from Liberal MP Scott Simms this fall, all government departments and agencies submitted a report on enforcement action taken to protect their copyright material since January 2006. The compiled reports were tabled in the House of Commons last week.

The overwhelming majority of departments reported they were not aware of breaches of government copyright and that they had not taken action to protect such materials. The Department of Justice did not complete a report, saying information was “not readily available” and would require an “extensive manual search” to compile.

The National Film Board reported the most copyright infringement cases, having identified 17 unauthorized reproductions of copyrighted films posted online. The agency worked with web platforms to have the material removed or to have the accounts of violating users shut down.

Also leading the pack in identifying copyright law violations was Parks Canada. In the last seven years, the department found ripoffs of its beaver logo appearing on an iPhone to-do list app, a Beer Store touque, a gourmet Alberta hot dog shop and even screen-printed underwear. No damages were sought in any of the cases and the offensive logos were removed after cease and desist orders were sent to the companies in violation of copyright law.

Both Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada and the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission reported having department videos posted on non-government websites. While a DFATD video was removed following a written request to the website host, CNSC says its outdated video, Radiation and our Environment, has been repeatedly posted by a former employee and the agency “continues to pursue the matter.”

Damages were only sought in two cases.

The Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada demanded it be paid more than $1 million after a party sold and displayed “virtually the entire paper and digital portfolio” of the department’s 2,000-plus nautical charts and publications. The charts are available to the public for a fee and DFO has raked in more than $21 million on print and digital chart sales since April 2006. The department said the copyright case was resolved and royalties from chart sales were repaid. The date of the legal action was not specified in the report.

Also seeking damages is the Public Service Commission which is going after a language school that used seven of its copyrighted second-language-evaluation tests that are not available to the general public. The agency is demanding $500,000 in general damages and $100,000 in punitive damages. The school was ordered to pay almost $20,000 in legal costs this spring. A trial has not yet been held to determine damages.

The Privy Council Office declined to compile a list of all government copyrighted material, saying that the request was “not possible” because some departments have more than 1,000 pieces of copyrighted material.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/natio ... story.html
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bsuds wrote:I think we should send Mr Clement to Afghanistan for a tour.

lol.he would not last 1 day (edited for language - fluffy)
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Bsuds wrote:I think we should send Mr Clement to Afghanistan for a tour.

I’m really beginning to believe this Conservative government has run well past its best before date. They will use our tax money to continue matching lucrative public pension plan contributions for bureaucrats who have left government for the private sector but want to nickel and dime those people who fight, get maimed and die for our country. Absolutely repulsive. Between this, the senate scandals, robocalls, deliberately misleading parliament and the public while trying to hide and run legislation through the House via omnibus bills and everything else I’m actually finding myself quite disgusted.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Scum bags, all of them.

Return to “Canada”