Hyundai warranty rips off Canadians

westbankkid
Übergod

Hyundai warranty rips off Canadians

Post by westbankkid »

Hyundai warranty in Canada is not near as good as in the USA.
The US Hyundai warranty is 10 year 160, 000 Km. In canada it's only 5 year 100, 000 Km.

I drive a Hyundai but will be thinking twice before I buy another as long as they treat the Americans better than us in Canada.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Hyundai warranty rips off Canadians

Post by Captain Awesome »

That's because they know Hyundai cars don't make it past 100,000 km anyways.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Our kilometres are bigger than the Americans.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

westbankkid wrote:Hyundai warranty in Canada is not near as good as in the USA.
The US Hyundai warranty is 10 year 160, 000 Km. In canada it's only 5 year 100, 000 Km.

I drive a Hyundai but will be thinking twice before I buy another as long as they treat the Americans better than us in Canada.

its a powertrain only warranty and only good for [b]the original owner the Canadian warranty is a complete car warranty [/bf]or 5 years 60000 miles(100K)
Canadian
Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance
Last edited by rvrepairnut on Jan 7th, 2014, 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Interesting since I just went onto Hyundai Canada site build & price an 2014 tucson options was:

None $0
5 years/100,000 km for $625
7 years/120,000 km for $1,325
7 years/140,000 km for $1,775
8 years/160,000 km for $2,225
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Captain Awesome wrote:That's because they know Hyundai cars don't make it past 100,000 km anyways.

Actually my 2002 xg350 owes me very little. I have 170k on it and have had to spend very little on it. I've had it for 8 years.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Then why are you whining?
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

rvrepairnut wrote:
its a powertrain only warranty and only good for [b]the original owner the Canadian warranty is a complete car warranty [/bf]or 5 years 60000 miles(100K)
Canadian
Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance

The us warranty has the same coverage as canada with the additional 5 year and 60k for powertrain in the usa
Last edited by westbankkid on Jan 7th, 2014, 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

I love the attitude that because they get extra, we are all of a sudden 'ripped off'.

No, we don't get as good of a warranty. Hardly 'ripped off'.
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Under 40 million Canadians, just under 300 million Americans, so do you require more clues westbankkid?

Ever hear of quantity discount?
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Sucky thing is if you buy a car in the US and bring it up here, the warranty is no good here ... exactly where is the benefit to us (the consumer) with NAFTA? ;)

We get "ripped" off with a lot of things I find, not just the obvious like cell phones, tires, dairy, etc. but cars too ... it seems we get the "so-so" cars in a manufacturers line up. Take VW for example, if I want a Tiguan and want AWD, I have to get the automatic and there is no TDI version. If I want a small TDI, I could get a Golf here but we don't get the 4motion (AWD) here ... even worse, we don't get the Polo here nevermind the Polo Bluemtion TDI that gets 3.3L/100km combined! Grrr!
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Dizzy1 wrote:Sucky thing is if you buy a car in the US and bring it up here, the warranty is no good here ... exactly where is the benefit to us (the consumer) with NAFTA? ;)

Sorry but you're wrong on that one and I have a vehicle in my driveway that was brought up from the US and had no issues getting any warranty work done here.

Same with my RV.

I do feel though that we as consumers consistently get the shaft when it comes to many things warranty wise. You really have to fight for your rights and it shouldn't be that way.

Sometimes I think the people that try and get work done when it was their own stupidity that wrecks it for the rest of us.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Depends on the manufacturer and warranty itself ...

http://www.apa.ca/CanadianWarrantyinfor ... ntheUS.asp

... some are 1 to 1, others are only some parts of the warranty and others are no warranty at all.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Canada”