Happy 80th, Jean Chretien

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Happy 80th, Jean Chretien

Post by Glacier »

My, have the past 15 years flown by! Guess who turns 80 today...

"I deliberately chose to undersell and outperform, rather than outsell and underperform."
~ Jean Chetien

http://www.steynonline.com/655/da-boss
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Re: Happy 80th, Jean Chretien

Post by rvrepairnut »

too bad he was allowed to be PM what a thug that guy really was.I thought Mulroney was the most dishonest PM in history but turns out JC was
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I didn't care for either one of them. One of my favourite PM's was the one most folk apparently disliked, and that was Joe Clark. I think he'd have been a great PM if only he'd been given a bit more time to prove it.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Merry wrote:I didn't care for either one of them. One of my favourite PM's was the one most folk apparently disliked, and that was Joe Clark. I think he'd have been a great PM if only he'd been given a bit more time to prove it.

After reading this post got to thinking about the PM's in my life time and which 1 I would pick, so going backwards lets see.

Stephen Harper
Paul Martin
Jean Chrétien
Kim Campbell
Brian Mulroney
John Turner
Joe Clark
Pierre Trudeau
Lester B. Pearson
John Diefenbaker

Bottom 2 don't remember all that well since I was young kid/& teenager and not give a damn about politic's, so I would have to say none of the above.
Wow... that's disappointing
Last edited by GordonH on Jan 11th, 2014, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Politicians...Blah!

Never cared for the man but happy birthday anyway.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

GordonH wrote:After reading this post got to thinking about the PM's in my life time and which 1 I would pick, so going backwards lets see.

Stephen Harper
Paul Martin
Jean Chrétien
Kim Campbell
Brian Mulroney
John Turner
Joe Clark
Pierre Trudeau
Lester B. Pearson
John Diefenbaker

Bottom 2 don't remember all that well since I was young kid/& teenager and not give a damn about politic's, so I would have to say none of the about.
Wow... that's disappointing

John Diefenbaker was the one that sold us out to the US on the Avro Arrow. 20 years ahead of anything in production. The most advanced fighter bomber in the world then had all the prototypes cut into pieces. Didn't even keep one for the museum. All the brilliant designers and techs moved to the states and their aerospace industry flourished.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Oh no another Arrow pinner. Not twenty years ahead, wickedly over priced, major landing gear problems and no gun. Cut up and destroyed was unfortunate however there was a Russian mole in Avro that the RCMP knew about and was active but let the mourning continue.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

not so happy birthday to the biggest crook as a pm we have ever had.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Kim Campbell was one of the worst but for sure she was the dumbest without doubt
sale4u
Fledgling

Post by sale4u »

Worst? Harper! His disdain for the people is outrageous! A dictator at best an Egomaniac at worst! He has proven over and over his disregard for democracy! Just say'in. LOL
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

A few days ago was also the 199th birthday of John A Macdonald. One of the most racist and intolerant Prime Ministers to grace this nation.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

sale4u wrote:Worst? Harper! His disdain for the people is outrageous! A dictator at best an Egomaniac at worst! He has proven over and over his disregard for democracy! Just say'in. LOL

sorry KIM Campbell wins hands down
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

Omnitheo wrote:A few days ago was also the 199th birthday of John A Macdonald. One of the most racist and intolerant Prime Ministers to grace this nation.

sorry beyond my time.Dont remember him much

Return to “Canada”