Harper lands in Israel

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Re: Harper lands in Israel

Post by Donald G »

Would you not say that any person opposed to the people of ANY country just because they come from that country or are of that religion are anti whatever the country or religion happens to be?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Donald G wrote:Would you not say that any person opposed to the people of ANY country just because they come from that country or are of that religion are anti whatever the country or religion happens to be?

what does that have to do with Harper's comment?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

When did he makes this statement TT? I've scanned a bunch of articles from the last few days and do not see any quotes from Harper such as you are claiming. How you've paraphrased it, it's quite a bold statement, is this what he said or your interpretation?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:what does that have to do with Harper's comment?

Very relevant to what Harper has said - what you've insinuated hasn't been backed up yet.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Thinktank wrote:
I would trust George Galloway sooner
than I would trust Harper. Any day.

LOL - how did I know George Galloway would make it into this thread at some point...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... eli-oxford
Not afraid to say "It".
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To ThinkTank ...

Since I do not personally know Mr Galloway I will pass. I would fold, but since the word is that you do not know him either, the outcome will rest completely on luck rather than the intelligence gathered.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Harper said this:
Most disgracefully of all, some openly call Israel an apartheid state. .....Friends, that is nothing short of sickening….
But this is the face of the new anti-Semitism. It targets the Jewish people by targeting Israel ....

I don't want to make Stephen Harper mad, but I don't think Palestinians are treated
the greatest by Israel.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The rest of the quote:
But this is the face of the new anti-Semitism. It targets the Jewish people by targeting Israel and attempts to make the old bigotry acceptable to a new generation. Of course, criticism of Israeli government policy is not in and of itself necessarily anti-Semitic. But what else can we call criticism that selectively condemns only the Jewish state and effectively denies its right to exist, to defend itself while systematically ignoring, or excusing, the violence and oppression all around it?
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

Nice work fancy lol.
Positive energy activates constant elevation
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Nice work Fancy and Stephen Harper. Not totally honest though.

CHECKPOINT STRIPS : every day–every single day, year in and year out–thousands of Palestinians are delayed, harassed, detained, or turned away at checkpoints that impede and sometimes prohibit travel to and from their homes.Travel to work, to hospitals, to schools, to their relatives, travel for any reason whatsoever.

1,419 Palestinians were killed during Operation Cast Lead, 82 percent civilians. A further 5,300 were injured. Israeli forces directly targeted and attacked private homes and civilian institutions, including hospitals and schools. PCHR says it has submitted 490 criminal complaints to the Israeli authorities on behalf of 1,046 victims. “To-date, only two substantive replies have been received. The overwhelming majority of complaints have been simply ignored.”

http://mycatbirdseat.com/2012/01/why-do ... nt-page-1/

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Nice work Fancy and Stephen Harper. Not totally honest though.

Not making sense - the quote is directly from the link I provided. You're more than welcome to read the whole thing.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

said by Harper: (antisemitism)
But what else can we call criticism that selectively condemns only the Jewish state

How about calling it criticism of Israel.

We have people criticizing Russia right now because of the Olympics. That's called criticism of Russia.

We had people criticizing USA because of the warmongers there. That's called criticism of USA.

And when we criticize Israel, that's called criticism of Israel.
So stephen Harper is a liar when he tries to say criticism of Israel is antisemitic.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Of course you are more than welcome to quote from your 2 year old link again (http://mycatbirdseat.com/about-4/) but don't see how that relates to Harper.

You missed this:

Of course, criticism of Israeli government policy is not in and of itself necessarily anti-Semitic
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Harper wrote:...Most disgracefully of all, some openly call Israel an apartheid state. .....Friends, that is nothing short of sickening….
But this is the face of the new anti-Semitism. It targets the Jewish people by targeting Israel ....

CHECKPOINT STRIPS : every day–every single day, year in and year out–thousands of Palestinians are delayed, harassed, detained, or turned away at checkpoints that impede and sometimes prohibit travel to and from their homes.Travel to work, to hospitals, to schools, to their relatives, travel for any reason whatsoever.

1,419 Palestinians were killed during Operation Cast Lead, 82 percent civilians. A further 5,300 were injured. Israeli forces directly targeted and attacked private homes and civilian institutions, including hospitals and schools. PCHR says it has submitted 490 criminal complaints to the Israeli authorities on behalf of 1,046 victims. “To-date, only two substantive replies have been received. The overwhelming majority of complaints have been simply ignored.”

Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

If I don't like what Israel as a country does outwardly to the global community and their neighbors - I'm anti-Semitic.

...the Untied Church - bunch of Jew Haters?

Oh right - its a religious state. You cant disagree with their foreign policy because their foreign policy is their religion!

Card Blanche for Israel till the end of time!

I think all those holocaust victims are getting sick of having their deaths used to advance perverted political agendas.

When Canada didn't join the Iraq invasion and the US was critical of it - we know the critical language and negative reactions were REALLY about the US's Anti-Canadian bias towards hockey and maple syrup!
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Canada”