Buddha of the Board

Re: Harper lands in Israel

Post by maryjane48 »

harper should stay there
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

grammafreddy wrote:Why a bird sanctuary?

Maybe because Israel bulldozed a million Palestinian olive and citrus trees - birds in that
country are suffering from the bad karma. So a group of Canadian Jews decided to raise money
to build a bird sanctuary in Israel named after Stephen Harper.

I just don't know why so many Jews in the Conservative government (Linda Frum, Irving Gerstein, Mark Adler) and the banks - CIBC and Scotiabank, who both foreclose on Canadians who are having a hard time financially, would be so concerned about Israeli birds - when Canadians are suffering more than the birds.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... arper.html
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Aren't these all private donations?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so what?

why do banks in canada build expensive bird sanctuaries in israel
when they foreclose on canadians?

and why do jewish politicians fro ontario care so much about birds in israel - even
more than palestinians in israel?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

hobbyguy wrote:So it seems there is some agreement that this whole thing is a political rally. At whose expense?

Stinky.

I find all of these "whose expense" comments whenever a Conservative prime minister travels to be highly hypocritical. The leftist hero and horrible scumbag Pierre Trudeau travelled abroad more then any PM I can ever remember, and of course, everyone thought that was peachy keen back in the day, and still do. There wasn't a commie dictator on any continent that Trudeau wouldn't visit, and be photographed embracing with love and affection...

But as long as it was Trudeau, it was fine to cavort around the world, without nary a word in the negative about it. Such hypocrisy, but par for the course.

Nope, my politics don't really favor any party for anything except behaving honorably and acting in the interests of all Canadians.

LOL - more like in your perverted and distorted view of acting in the interests of all Canadians.

I lean toward the Mark Twain school of politics, paraphrasing, "Politicians are like like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons."

That's nice. What a great theory. So even if the guy we have is doing a good job, or in the case we have at the moment, the guy we have now is miles ahead of the two other bozos we have to choose from, we should still just hand over the government to the lesser guy because of what some humorist who has been dead over 100 years said once. What great words to live by...
I like minority governments in Canada because that actually reflects reality -

Well it reflects leftist reality, in that nothing ever gets done, and bums in the Parliament with a few seats end up with far more power than they deserve just to get things done. I couldn't stand how Layton used to grandstand in Parliament and I really couldn't stand how he always wanted to rush off to the polls if he saw a chance at getting more seats. I mean, it's just $300 million a pop to hold an election, and that's just funny money that the taxpayers put up anyway, so who cares right? That's why I DON'T like minority governments, nothing gets done and we end up having an election every two years we don't need or want. Leftists, always wanting to blow taxpayer cash for nothing.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Queen K wrote:I'd be shrieking too if he touched my hand, "I NEED A SHOWER!!!".

You'd be drowned out by Harper shrieking the same thing. LOL
Not afraid to say "It".
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:and why do jewish politicians fro ontario care so much about birds in israel - even

Speculation - but if it is their heritage they are trying to preserve, fly at 'er.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Thinktank wrote:and why do jewish politicians fro ontario care so much about birds in israel - even

Because those birds aren't strapping bombs packed with nails on to mentally challenged children and putting them on buses.
Not afraid to say "It".
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

i wonder if those canadian politicians - frum, adler, gerstein - would be interested in building a canadian bird sanctuary?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:i wonder if those canadian politicians - frum, adler, gerstein - would be interested in building a canadian bird sanctuary?

already have them
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mi ... _of_Canada
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Prime Minister Stephen Harper warned Monday of a new age of anti-Semitism, staking new ground in his allegiance to Israel by telling the country's parliamentarians that those who oppose the Jewish state are little more than hateful anti-Semites.

Did Israel really rip out 1 million Palestinian olive/citrus trees?

Did Israel really kill 15 people on the Mavi Marmira? Why kill the people? Couldn't Israel just settle it in court?

Did Israel really attack Lebanon and kill 2,000 peoplea few years ago?

I think Harper is nuts if he says anyone who opposes such things about Israel is anti-semitic.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:I think Harper is nuts if he says anyone who opposes such things about Israel is anti-semitic.

Are you saying people opposed to ripping out the olive trees are being called "anti-semitic"?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Harper said people who are opposed to anything Israel does are anti-semitic.

Harper is nuts.

I would trust people like Norman Finkelstein and George Galloway sooner
than I would trust Harper. Any day.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Thinktank wrote:Harper said people who are opposed to anything Israel does are anti-semitic.
Do you have a link?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And so we have witnessed in recent years, the mutation of the old disease of anti-Semitism and the emergence of a new strain. We all know about the old anti-Semitism. It was crude and ignorant and it led to the horrors of the death camps. Of course, in many dark corners, it is still with us. But, in much of the western world the old hatred has been translated into more sophisticated language for use in polite society.

People who would never say they hate and blame the Jews for their own failings, or the problems of the world, instead declare their hatred of Israel and blame the only Jewish state for the problems of the Middle East. As once Jewish businesses were boycotted, some civil-society leaders today call for a boycott of Israel. On some campuses, intellectualized arguments against Israeli policies thinly mask underlying realities, such as the shunning of Israeli academics and the harassment of Jewish students.

Most disgracefully of all, some openly call Israel an apartheid state. Now think about that statement. Think about the twisted logic and outright malice behind that. A state based on freedom, democracy and the rule of law that was founded so Jews can flourish as Jews and seek shelter from the shadow of the worst racist experiment in history that is condemned and it is condemned in the masked language of anti-racism. Friends, that is nothing short of sickening….

But this is the face of the new anti-Semitism. It targets the Jewish people by targeting Israel and attempts to make the old bigotry acceptable to a new generation. Of course, criticism of Israeli government policy is not in and of itself necessarily anti-Semitic. But what else can we call criticism that selectively condemns only the Jewish state and effectively denies its right to exist, to defend itself while systematically ignoring, or excusing, the violence and oppression all around it?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/01/20 ... gislature/

Return to “Canada”