Oh that embarassment Bieber!

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Oh that embarassment Bieber!

Post by Fancy »

Jonrox wrote:Right, so none of us ever did anything when we were young and stupid that would have got us in trouble with the cops? You really are all saints aren't you?

Like doing drugs and street racing and endangering people's lives? Not on your life.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”

Socrates

Here's another one:
"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on
frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond
words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and
respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise
[disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC).
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Kids will be kids but showing total disregard for others isn't anything to be proud of and the parent is just as bad. Doing double the speed limit in a residential area was more than just stupid.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Jonrox wrote:Makes me glad I didn't have cameramen and photographers following me around 24/7 when I was 19 years old, catching and reporting on every stupid thing I did. There's no saying what all of you saints would've thought about me.

Really? So you think it's just simple adolescent behavior and everybody should just tsk, tsk and leave him the heck alone?

You raced through your gated community at high speed doing burn outs? You egged your neighbors house to the tune of 20,000 in damages? You spit on people form your hotel balcony? You had your body guards beat the crap out of photographers? Ok, so the photographer probably deserved it but still.

He's way more than a rebellious teen. he's dangerous and stupid and that can be lethal.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Following the shock announcement in December that the ‘King of Teen Pop’ would be ‘officially retiring’, Justin Bieber’s management team have made no effort to deny the political aspirations of their boy genius. The 19-year-old, currently under house arrest, has confirmed via Twitter that he will be running for office in Toronto’s 2014 Mayoral elections.

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2014/01/24/j ... mayor-job/
He can give Ford a run for his money. (joke)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

mexicalidreamer wrote:He's way more than a rebellious teen. he's dangerous and stupid and that can be lethal.

Hopefully not to an innocent bystander. I don't wish it on him but if he kills anyone let it be himself.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Agreed.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Give me a break. We all did stupid things when we were kids - and most of us did it with no money. Imagine the kind of trouble we would have got into if we were 19 years old and had $150 million in our bank account. Get off your high horses.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bull to that too - I didn't have any friends that assaulted anyone nor involved in dangerous driving.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Swimmin upstream J rox
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Oh I get it... That much money wouldn't have changed anything for you. Your life path would have been no different and you would have had the same friends. And back to the real world... Whether you like it or not, that much money changes everything.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jonrox wrote:Oh I get it... That much money wouldn't have changed anything for you. Your life path would have been no different and you would have had the same friends. And back to the real world... Whether you like it or not, that much money changes everything.

Doesn't mean every rich little kid plays like a criminal.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jonrox wrote:Give me a break. We all did stupid things when we were kids - and most of us did it with no money. Imagine the kind of trouble we would have got into if we were 19 years old and had $150 million in our bank account. Get off your high horses.

Problem is that 150 mil came from his fans and they deserve a better role model.

Yes he is not the only one doing/done stupid things but he is the one plastered all over the news.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Jonrox wrote:Oh I get it... That much money wouldn't have changed anything for you. Your life path would have been no different and you would have had the same friends. And back to the real world... Whether you like it or not, that much money changes everything.

Don't generalize. It changes some things for some people but not all.

Knowing that you could get away with poor behavior would be like a hall pass for some but not most. It is a question of values, morals and upbringing.

So please, speak for yourself for sure but I have a dim view of people who are only brave enough to act out if they know they won't be caught.

It's like driving without your seatbelt on as long as there are no cops around. I say, hey, if you're gonna make s stand. Be all in.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

mexicalidreamer wrote:So please, speak for yourself for sure but I have a dim view of people who are only brave enough to act out if they know they won't be caught.

So Justin is watched and photographed almost 24/7 yet still does these things. What do you think of him doing these things knowing full well he's likely going to be caught?

I'm not speaking just for myself... I can guarantee most people would have done incredibly dumb things as teenagers if they came into that much money at that age. At that moment, everything you ever dreamed of (and didn't even know about) becomes possible and the vast, vast majority of people don't have the maturity at 18 or 19 years old to handle it well.

And I know that not everybody would do incredibly stupid things, but it's naive of anyone to think that coming into that much money as a teenager wouldn't have drastically altered their life. None of us have the remotest idea what it's like, so it's very easy for us to judge him from the sidelines.

Return to “Canada”