Canada Post

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Re: Canada Post

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bubalouie wrote:I heard today that if you mail a parcel from a "sub contractor", like Shoppers, etc. they can and most do charge you more than if you took it directly to Canada Post...........going to have to check it out......

No they don't. Same rate as found on Canada Post's web site. Always check what I can expect to pay before shipping packages and it's usually spot on, give or take a few cents. Ship regular parcel post - they say 7-10 business days and it gets to Ontario in 5 days.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

If anything I've found the subcontractors to sometimes be less money than a Canada Post Office, and for small packages I found it definitely cheaper to weigh them at home, and purchase the appropriate postage online.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
bumblebuns
Fledgling

Post by bumblebuns »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:If anything I've found the subcontractors to sometimes be less money than a Canada Post Office, and for small packages I found it definitely cheaper to weigh them at home, and purchase the appropriate postage online.

On Wednesday 9 July just before noon I ordered a clock from Amazon, in Mississauga Ontario. Their emailed acknowledgment of the order is time stamped 11:57 a.m.
Yesterday (Thursday 10 July) I went to my mailbox just after noon and my parcel was there. Un***believable.
Hats off to Amazon and Canada Post.
Bumblebuns
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Shipped 2 parcels @ 1:59 pm on July 11th - clerk said delivery would take 7-10 business days. I figured the cost at home for both to be roughly $64.96 - actual cost was $65.35. Just checked on the status - both were processed in Mississauga @ 1:35am this morning which means they will be shipped to the local station later today or early tomorrow morning and out for delivery tomorrow.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Last two parcels we shipped to Alberta we shipped with 2 day guarantee, neither was delivered on time.
Kept the receipts and were refunded the full postage on both.
An item was shipped from the Island yesterday to us and were told to expect on the 17th, it's here today.
Maybe CP is getting their sh*t together.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Canada Post consultation of location of super boxes. :) This is in Ft Mac, in a school zone. Gotta love it.

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Just for fun, I've counted how many pieces of mail I've received this month:

145 promotional materials (non-addressed)
5 pieces of mail (one subscription piece and 4 financial documents).

Who needs mail delivered every day, really? Make it bi-weekly. Or even weekly.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Agreed on that. Every other day would be more than enough. Maybe shift to include Sat delivery and would make for neat scheduling?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

SO THE REAL PROBLEM is junk mail then
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

GrooveTunes wrote:Canada Post consultation of location of super boxes. :) This is in Ft Mac, in a school zone. Gotta love it.

Makes perfect sense to me. Pick up your mail at the same time you pick up your kids from school.
Added benefit is that school zones are always plowed and that would certainly be a consideration in Ft Mac.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow.how often do these things get broken into.low life junkies and convicts must have a field day around these mailboxes at 3am. can you emagine how often these things get broken into at Christmas time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The ones in the picture are the newer more tamper proof boxes.

I have been on the Canada Post delivery box system since 1992. I have never experienced a theft, nor have I seen a box broken into. Always the old style "easy to break into" boxes. We are and have not been living in "ritzy" areas. Prince George, Langley, and now Rutland - never any problems except for the odd bit of graffiti.

I think the "theft from boxes" issue is overplayed. The figure I saw was 4 actual thefts from mailboxes in Kelowna for the year. And about 20 unsuccessful attempts to break in.

Anything significant coming the through the mail is, or should be, insured. It costs diddly. $2.05 per $100. The claim process can be a little slow, especially for international mail, but Canada Post have always reimbursed me when something went missing.

I've never had a shipment "go astray" within Canada.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

A profitable quarter. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canada-post-earns-profit-gets-boost-parcels-lower-201516489.html

And without the service cuts announced being implemented.

I do agree to dumping door-to-door delivery, so when that is done, perhaps Canada Post can both limit stamp price increases and maintain the rest of their services.

With more and more companies virtually forcing you to accept electronic billing etc., door-to-door delivery makes even less sense.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

hobbyguy wrote:With more and more companies virtually forcing you to accept electronic billing etc., door-to-door delivery makes even less sense.

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

hobbyguy wrote:A profitable quarter. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/canada-post-earns-profit-gets-boost-parcels-lower-201516489.html

And without the service cuts announced being implemented.

I do agree to dumping door-to-door delivery, so when that is done, perhaps Canada Post can both limit stamp price increases and maintain the rest of their services.

With more and more companies virtually forcing you to accept electronic billing etc., door-to-door delivery makes even less sense.

There has been more service cuts then you could ever imagine. Stations that had 30 routes now have less than 20 with the new restructures. With the pension holiday given to CP, many that could are not retiring therefore it will be the younger ones with the mortgages being laid off once the current CA expires next year.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Canada”