Canada Post

GT500

Canada Post

Post by GT500 »

So Canada Post is looking to stop home delivery because it costs to much. I was looking out my window today and saw how Canada Post spends money. Our normal mail carrier must be on vacation or off ill so instead of having back up carriers they send out two different people in trucks to drive up and down the road delivering mail. I understand that the mail needs to get delivered but that is the most inefficient way I can think of doing it. Not only are they paying two people they are Lso running two trucks and that is just on this route. Use your heads Canada Post.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Canada Post

Post by Always Sunny »

Canada Post already stopped delivering to my home. I used to receive packages to the door, or at the very least the "pick up" slip was stuck to the door if no one was home.

Now it's left in the locked box at the end of the street. Started having to check the mail several times a day while waiting for a package. Otherwise I'd get stuck having to wait over the weekend (or longer if I were away on business).
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Always Sunny wrote:Now it's left in the locked box at the end of the street. Started having to check the mail several times a day while waiting for a package. Otherwise I'd get stuck having to wait over the weekend (or longer if I were away on business).

If it's being sent by Canada Post, then they only deliver once between 11am and 1pm (give or take) so you only have to check it once, after that time.
musicman

Post by musicman »

theres a town hall meeting about CANADA POST service this saturday -FEB15th- @ central school gym-[1825 richter] @ 1pm.. so if you have any new ideas or concepts that can benefit your home mail delivery please attend....
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

I have not had home delivery since 1981.Build a bridge and get over it u lazy *bleep* people. Locked collection boxes are
very efficient compared to D toD service.I have used the neighbourhood lock box system for years and works just fine
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

rvrepairnut wrote:I have not had home delivery since 1981.Build a bridge and get over it u lazy *bleep* people. Locked collection boxes are
very efficient compared to D toD service.I have used the neighbourhood lock box system for years and works just fine

Not to mention that I've had packages just left on my doorstep with no protection waiting for anyone to walk by and grab it...

I'd much rather the package go in an secured container.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

I think if people want delivery to their door they should be able to get it by paying a premium. That way people who really want or need it can get it, and the rest of us don't have to pay for a service we're not using.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

slootman wrote:I think if people want delivery to their door they should be able to get it by paying a premium. That way people who really want or need it can get it, and the rest of us don't have to pay for a service we're not using.

Not a bad idea but I wouldn't want to be the poor postperson delivering to 1 house out of a hundred or more. Too much walking and if they were driving the fuel surcharges would break you.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Do the whiners here get so much mail that they can't just stop by their community mailbox once or twice a week? Aside from a couple of bills, I just get a bunch of crappy flyers in mine. It's really not important that I check it everyday (sometimes I go over a week without checking it).

I get as much delivered electronically as I can. I haven't had home delivery for almost 15 years and it's never been a problem.

1st world problems...
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

slootman wrote: the rest of us don't have to pay for a service we're not using.

How do you pay for a service you are not using exactly ? Canada Post is mandated by Parliament to be self-sufficient and is not supported by taxpayer dollars. Since you obviously never use CP services you are not paying a penny. The mail you receive ( if you do ) is paid by the sender.
slootman
Übergod

Post by slootman »

You've taken that post out of context. My comment was intended to provide an option for people to continue getting delivery to door service and keep Canada Post out of the red, not a statement regarding current service. CP has said the reason for the changes is to avoid burdening taxpayers down the road.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jonrox wrote:Do the whiners here get so much mail that they can't just stop by their community mailbox once or twice a week? Aside from a couple of bills, I just get a bunch of crappy flyers in mine. It's really not important that I check it everyday (sometimes I go over a week without checking it).

I get as much delivered electronically as I can. I haven't had home delivery for almost 15 years and it's never been a problem.

1st world problems...

That may work well for you but there are lots of people out there who for many different reasons have difficulty accessing a community mail box. Having a physical disability for one and not everyone has or uses a computer for another.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

That may work well for you but there are lots of people out there who for many different reasons have difficulty accessing a community mail box. Having a physical disability for one and not everyone has or uses a computer for another.

so what? who cares? CP has treated everyone in my area of Coldstream BC the same since 1981. NO *removed* home delivery Build a bridge and get over it. Iam in a very large subdivision and there are large mailboxes that people get there mail at every day this is not new and others need to accept this method as I was forced to over 30 years ago.SO cope with the 21century.IF and I say IF this was a totally new concept I could see some argument but its not new and has been in the works for years
Last edited by ferri on Feb 27th, 2014, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: workaround to the word censor
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I work Monday to Friday plus most weekends (8:45 to 5:15pm) and my Canada Post location (where my parcels go) is open 9:00am to 5:30pm during the week and until 5:00pm on weekends. In this time I also work on the road a minimum of 2 weeks per month, usually 3 lately.

When I pay to have a parcel delivered and I constantly get "please pick up tomorrow after 13:00" memos, it's difficult to access that item. I can't before work, I can't after work. I could try taking off part way thru the day when I'm actually working in town. Or it waits another two weeks until I can get there. Meanwhile I've missed the delivery of something I need for my next business trip.

So yeah, some of us find it pretty annoying. I work for a large company, but I'm home based and get a lot of packages on top of my person ones.

My issue has nothing to do with community mail boxes.

Return to “Canada”