Federal Budget 2014-15

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Federal Budget 2014-15

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Atomoa wrote:If you'd do just fine on your own - start by inventing, building and maintaining your own internet and start re-paying the federal government for your grade 12 education/lifetime of hospital visits - then check your bank accounts.

Well that statement would only fly, based on the premise that Rwede and his parents, didn't pay any taxes of any form.

My guess is they paid school taxes, income taxes, tax on gasoline, property taxes, and so on.

There's nothing wrong with smaller government.

I think a country would be much more productive, if it didn't have 4 pencil pushing government funded civil servants, for every one worker actually producing something.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Well that statement would only fly, based on the premise that Rwede and his parents, didn't pay any taxes of any form.

My guess is they paid school taxes, income taxes, tax on gasoline, property taxes, and so on.

I'm sure he did pay taxes. I'm not sure how a few thousand dollars (even a few hundred thousand) buy's a entire military to protect him, an entire police force to protect his life and property, a entire (and fully staffed) court system, 8030 km of highway (transcanada - one of thousands) and 12 years worth of education. If he opens a business I wonder where he is going to get grade-12 educated, healthy workers from? How will he import goods or export goods without a seaport? Ect ect ect.

Of course, if he wants to pool his money with others he can access all those things with the rest of us.

"He will be fine on his own".

Government can be a good thing. It is a good thing. It is the way we shape and control our society. If you want "a boardroom which is only charged with producing profit and following the law and lobbying for it to be changed to suit more profit" calling the shots then yes, smaller government is good.

What's a bad thing is a government saying that governments are bad things and need to get smaller, while they grow larger in statistically and cut services to the people to pay for tax cuts to business (under the CPC the size of government has grown but business controls more than before - influence regression) We pay civil servants more of our tax dollars to work on federal time to help business call the shots instead of the people that Canadians voted for to represent them.

Commenting that "who has a pension these days anyways - spoiled" while they voted for free market union busting over the last 25 years has now ripened to a rotten stench...reading about those "spoiled brats" called WAR VETS expecting their health care and associated costs to be covered for life. Direct on this thread. Quoted CPC supporter. Vote your heart, or if you lack one vote CPC I suppose.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

hobbyguy wrote:CA - perhaps you can explain the conundrum of the Harper Con "cuts" .

No thank you. Don't know enough about them to comment.

It was a general observation, take it for what it is.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Well we're not getting smaller government. We're getting bigger government (up by 25,000 civil servants), with cuts in service for the little guy.

At least I figured out where some of the money is going. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/27/csec-budget_n_4869684.html

No money for vets, no money for pure science research, etc. but almost $900 million for spooks. Nuts to that. The Harper paranoia is out of control.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”