Federal employees can't say bless you!

Rosieodonell
Fledgling

Federal employees can't say bless you!

Post by Rosieodonell »

Here you go:

With over 100,000 employees, the Canadian federal government is one of the country's largest employers. This week they announced some employee conduct changes that might be tough for staff affected by cold and flu season.

The Department of Employee Well-being for the government released their list of phrases no longer permitted in federal work environments and topping the list is saying "bless-you" after someone sneezes. Other phrases include: "OMG," "cheers" and "thank heavens."

According to department head Susan Bonhart, "Though no one has been offended by these phrases yet, the notion that someone could be offended is something we're trying to prevent."

Earlier today Pat Kelly spoke with Ms. Bonhart, to learn more.

http://www.cbc.ca/thisisthat/blog/2013/01/23/saying-bless-you-after-a-sneeze-deemed-offensive-by-feds/
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Federal employees can't say bless you!

Post by Glacier »

LOL, I love that show! In other news, Ontario children are now playing soccer without a ball for PC reasons.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

They can't say soccer anymore, the violence against women group put an end to that.
Black Dogs Matter
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

omg...seriously?? How totally ridiculous.
sevengrampy

Post by sevengrampy »

Xia33 wrote:omg...seriously?? How totally ridiculous.

better watch that 'omg' (haha)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Y'all are spoofin' here, right?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

grammafreddy wrote:Y'all are spoofin' here, right?

Who me? Absolutely not.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=53384&p=1552180p1552180#p1552180
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Welcome to Idiocracy.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Rosieodonell
Fledgling

Post by Rosieodonell »

It really is a good show. I remember when i first heard it i was totally fooled. Came to work in a full up roar and my friend was like, ha ha!

Good clean fun!
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I actually think This is That is better than the likes of The Onion because they have enough truth, or rather our perceptions of truth, to suck in a lot of people. The article is like a really good April Fools story that gets people riled up until they realize what day it is, only in this case you have to realize what show it is.
- Douglas Murray
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

All Canadians, including civil servants, are requested to say, on hearing any good news, "thank God for blessing us with Stephen Harper as our esteemed leader".
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Federal employees are allowed to say OMG. They just can't say OMH (Oh my Harper) because it is taking the Leader's name in vain.
- Douglas Murray
rvrepairnut
Board Meister

Post by rvrepairnut »

[
quote]According to department head Susan Bonhart, "Though no one has been offended by these phrases yet, the notion that someone could be offended is something we're trying to prevent."

well susan bonhart and the likes of you? all I can say is your a bunch of liberal left wing *bleep*
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Maybe after they sneeze they have to say Allah is great
This country is going crazy. Who hires these people that makes decisons like that?
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Surely this is a joke. Can you imagine a discipline hearing where the infraction being argued was an employee having uttered a phrase like: "Heavens No". What are they going to do with an employee who says: "Allah be praised"? This is the very definition of "from the sublime to the ridiculous".

Return to “Canada”