Quebec a country by year-end?

matai
Banned

Re: Quebec a country by year-end?

Post by matai »

oneh2obabe wrote:Couillard, Liberals win Quebec election with majority government

Phillippe Couillard’s Quebec Liberals have won a stunning election upset, trouncing the Parti Québécois to win a majority government.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014 ... tion.html#

I doubt they'll last 4 years if they hold their past promise of increasing tuition fees. I can already picture a civil war breaking out there lol.

What's interesting about this campaign which I could hear about every single day on the news, is that... I have absolutely no clue what each government was promising if they were elected.

Every day, the only thing one could hear was each pâti's leader criticizing the other pâtis.

"Such is a biatch, such is corrupted, such can't do a budget, such is hahaha, such is a this and such is a that."

It was actually more entertaining than interesting.

C y'all in 4 years ;-)

Ciao!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Promise ?
Black Dogs Matter
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Wasting tax money on an election 18 months before the due date. Serves them right!
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

jimmy4321 wrote:Wasting tax money on an election 18 months before the due date. Serves them right!

You mean 30! They were only 18 months in, and they couldn't get anything done anyways, except liking everyone else's BUT, they were in a minority government. Probably would have felt with the budget, or with the value charter against everyone but the white atheist, anne-ways.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

matai wrote:
You mean 30! They were only 18 months in, and they couldn't get anything done anyways, except liking everyone else's BUT, they were in a minority government. Probably would have felt with the budget, or with the value charter against everyone but the white atheist, anne-ways.

Ya you got it, was thinkin it just came out wrong lol
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
I've often wondered if it wouldn't be cheaper to round up the hard core separatists, buy them out, and give them a one way ticket to France?

As opposed to all the neverendum referendum garbage.

We offered to send George+ to Quebec because he sang its praises, same deal. He said yes but then welched and hid out when he realized we were serious.

Congratulations to the majority of Quebecers for punting the separatists to the sidelines.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

matai wrote:It looks like they are entering in early elections and that PQ Pauline Marois will govern the province with a majority in April's poll.

Your bets?

That you will be so, so wrong.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

goatboy wrote:That you will be so, so wrong.

Sorry, poll is closed...
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

matai wrote:
Sorry, poll is closed...

And so are the PQ.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

matai wrote:Sorry, poll is closed...

goatboy wrote:And so are the PQ.

LOL.

Yeah, I think the Parti has become Pâté.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

I can't believe it, you actually made me giggle.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

So do you think that the Liberal landslide will carry over, in any way, for the Federal Liberals and Trudeau?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

What a great Lady!

Pauline refused to take her $181,000 departure bonus.

Now if more could take example on her, it would be awesome:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2014/0 ... de-181-000

As for the Liberals who got elected, one of their candidate touched a $1,200,000 bonus when he left the public doctor's federation to become a member of their party in April. OUTRAGEOUS.
http://ici.radio-canada.ca/sujet/electi ... male.shtml

Definitely, Quebec should change their motto "Je me souviens" for "J'oublie vite".
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

hobbyguy wrote:So do you think that the Liberal landslide will carry over, in any way, for the Federal Liberals and Trudeau?

I doubt it. Quebec "Liberals" and Federal "Liberals" to me are similar only in name and more like Federal Conservatives in practice. I think Quebecers in general will be more likely to support the strongest left wing alternative federally, and at the moment that appears to be the Federal NDP. Federal Liberals under Trudeau are currently too much of a risky gamble I think.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Pauline Marois shed tears when she said her farewell yesterday, a sight that has never been seen before.

She thanked all the Québécoises and Québécois for electing her as the first female Premier of the Province.

Byebye Pauline, you were a great woman even if you are a separatist, thanks for the 30 years of your life you gave to this province under different ministries and for really caring about all the citizens of Québec who make Quebec unique in the rest of Canada.

Return to “Canada”