Quebec a country by year-end?

matai
Banned

Quebec a country by year-end?

Post by matai »

It looks like they are entering in early elections and that PQ Pauline Marois will govern the province with a majority in April's poll.

Your bets?
Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Quebec a country by year-end?

Post by Bpeep »

Let them pay their fair share of the national debt, let them pay whatevers due for infrastructure, let them create their own currency and military, put up an international boundary around them, and let em go.
That province is nothing but a drag and a parasite on the rest of the country.
Then we can parly vous fransay without them.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Bman wrote:Let them pay their fair share of the national debt, let them pay whatevers due for infrastructure, let them create their own currency and military, put up an international boundary around them, and let em go.

Then you know you'll need a passport to visit New Brunswick right? And that they could ban canadian ships from navigating on the St. Lawrence River, which would lead to a financial fiasco for the Prairies, who uses it to ship grain oversea.

Canada would also have to find itself a new National Anthem, since the current one we have is 100% Québécois and has been partially translated to please the rest of the country.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Heh heh, if thats what you think.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Bman wrote:Heh heh, if thats what you think.

What I think doesn't matter, what's important are the facts.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The facts are quebec wouldnt have a chance of survival as a soveriegn nation.
But I'd love to see them try.

And you're right, what you think doesnt matter.
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

matai wrote:Canada would also have to find itself a new National Anthem, since the current one we have is 100% Québécois and has been partially translated to please the rest of the country.

Think again ...
In 1908 Robert Stanley Weir (born in Hamilton, Ontario) wrote another English version of "O Canada" which is the official and most popular version - one that is not a literal translation of the French. Weir's lyrics have been revised twice, taking their present form in 1980, but the French lyrics remain unaltered. "O Canada" had served as a de facto national anthem since 1939, officially becoming Canada's national anthem in 1980 when the Act of Parliament making it so received Royal Assent and became effective on July 1 as part of that year's Dominion Day celebrations.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the PQ had backed off the separatist hard line stance, and was more of a Québécois advocacy party now.

Either way, a seperate Quebec, free and clear of debt and able to be self-sustaining isn't going to happen.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

matai wrote:What I think doesn't matter, what's important are the facts.

When you come up with some (in English) let us know. Facts that is, not what you think!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Bman wrote:Let them pay their fair share of the national debt, let them pay whatevers due for infrastructure, let them create their own currency and military, put up an international boundary around them, and let em go.

We'll end up sending billions in foreign aid 8>/
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I'm thinking the First Nations folk might have a say in such a proposal as well.

Make an alliance with them, and it may not be so hard to travel to New Brunswick after all. LOL
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Our plan when we go cross country in the RV was to go down into the US and then across so we would miss Quebec anyway.
Everything is cheaper across the border and I've been to Quebec and have no desire to return.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Just more BS, looking for a bribe from the rest of the country. Quebec is a financial disaster, why Quebecor's put up with it?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Bsuds wrote:Everything is cheaper across the border and I've been to Quebec and have no desire to return.

Copy that!

Given all the recent cold snaps, they should look into packaging and selling some of that hot air.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Bsuds wrote:
When you come up with some (in English) let us know. Facts that is, not what you think!

The only French thing in this thread are the fries I'm eating right now. What fact do you want to know?

The fact that Ontario and the Maritimes are separated by Quebec? Or the fact that the only access to the St. Lawrence River is through Quebec? Just check Google Maps (in english) , that should be reliable enough.

Return to “Canada”