Quebec a country by year-end?

matai
Banned

Re: Quebec a country by year-end?

Post by matai »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Well yet again, sorry to burst your bubble, but you're the one who should look a bit closer at history. It's now been proven that some of the information taught from history books was total garbage.

One of those misquided notions being that the French were here first. If they were still alive, the Vikings would have something to say about that I'm sure.

I well know that Vikings discovered America first. That's why I specified arrived & established themselves here first. My history books were and still are accurate.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe you should go back and read what you posted. At least try and remember a little while.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

matai wrote:I well know that Vikings discovered America first. That's why I specified arrived & established themselves here first. My history books were and still are accurate.

Well if your history books, are anywhere near as accurate as your geography books, that taught you Quebec extends all the way up to the North Pole, you'll have to forgive me if I choose not to give them much weight.

Since the dawn of time battles have been fought, over food, women, religion, land, you name it, and it even still goes on today, the annexation of Crimea to Russia a more recent example, so what's the point you may ask?

Well the point is battles are fought, generally there are winners and losers, and on this topic the French lost, the English won, time to deal with it and move on. I'd say over time they've been more than adequately compensated by means of transfer payments. LOL

Time to stop whining and man up.

Oh and no need to fret, we burned down the American's white house too, and they got over it. 8-)
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

By definition in Quebec, North Pole is everything north if the 49th parallel.

Everything else you wrote I didnt read as it is off topic.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Which "year-end" did you have in mind LOL?

From the OP: It looks like they are entering in early elections and that PQ Pauline Marois will govern the province with a majority in April's poll.

Your bets?

Is it too late to bet against Pauline and her separatist party? ; -)

IMO both Quebec separatism and Canada bilingualism are obsolete notions, and those who continue to support them are dinosaurs. They perhaps had a place in the national discussion 50 years ago, but in the now globalized economy they really have no place at all.

And yes, every time I see French language on my breakfast cereal box it gives me even more incentive to buy my cereal (and a lot of other things) in the US. And I wonder too when Quebec will smarten up with their negative attitude toward bilingualism and multiculturalism in Quebec, ....and recognize just how much it is costing THEM!

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

matai wrote:Everything else you wrote I didnt read as it is off topic.

If you didn't read it then how do you know it's off topic?

I guess one indication will be how the Quebec election turns out.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

63 seats needed for a majority. Three down for the Liberals, one for the PQ ; -)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

matai wrote:By definition in Quebec, North Pole is everything north if the 49th parallel.

Everything else you wrote I didnt read as it is off topic.

Yes I've noticed, your selective reading, explains your lack of understanding, in a whole host of areas.

FYI Geography doesn't get altered, by some stupid definition, a handful of moronic francophones dreamed up.

Your province ends far far far from the North Pole, so now you can start a thread whining about that too.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Regardless of how it is defined geographically, tomorrow it will be Quebec Liberal territory. Goodbye Pauline : -)))))) 3 down, one to go.

Nab
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

From the OP: It looks like they are entering in early elections and that PQ Pauline Marois will govern the province with a majority in April's poll.

Your bets?

NAB wrote:Which "year-end" did you have in mind LOL?

Is it too late to bet against Pauline and her separatist party? ; -)

IMO both Quebec separatism and Canada bilingualism are obsolete notions, and those who continue to support them are dinosaurs. They perhaps had a place in the national discussion 50 years ago, but in the now globalized economy they really have no place at all.

And yes, every time I see French language on my breakfast cereal box it gives me even more incentive to buy my cereal (and a lot of other things) in the US. And I wonder too when Quebec will smarten up with their negative attitude toward bilingualism and multiculturalism in Quebec, ....and recognize just how much it is costing THEM!

Nab

I guess pigs must be flying, because I agree with that post totally.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the OP to see the light though, living in denial, and whining, are two traits that have been mastered.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Liberal Majority in Quebec tomorrow... by a LANDSLIDE! So definitely no chance of Quebec becoming a country by year end, or EVER for that matter. Get used to the idea ; -)

Nab
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

NAB wrote:Liberal Majority in Quebec tomorrow... by a LANDSLIDE! So definitely no chance of Quebec becoming a country by year end, or EVER for that matter. Get used to the idea ; -)

Nab

I've often wondered if it wouldn't be cheaper to round up the hard core separatists, buy them out, and give them a one way ticket to France?

As opposed to all the neverendum referendum garbage.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

LW wrote:

I've often wondered if it wouldn't be cheaper to round up the hard core separatists, buy them out, and give them a one way ticket to France?

We have done that for years!! Let them sell their properties and buy their own darn tickets back and live in France where they don't have to get along with anyone else (except perhaps the Muslims).
Chill
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

It would appear the vast majority of Quebec voters agree. At the bottom line this election has been a referendum on a referendum. And they clearly have voted NON! Separatists at the national level are long gone, and now at the provincial level. Those among them who cannot live with that should just pack their bags and get out.

Nab
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Couillard, Liberals win Quebec election with majority government

Phillippe Couillard’s Quebec Liberals have won a stunning election upset, trouncing the Parti Québécois to win a majority government.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014 ... tion.html#
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Canada”