Calgary MLA Len Webber quits Tory caucus to protest premier

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Calgary MLA Len Webber quits Tory caucus to protest premier

Post by maryjane48 »

Calgary Tory MLA Len Webber is abandoning his party to sit as an independent in protest against the leadership of Premier
Alison Redford.

The 53-year-old backbench representative for Calgary-Foothills says he can no longer be part of the Progressive Conservative caucus led by Redford, who has been dogged for weeks by controversy over her travel expenses.

Alberta Premier Alison Redford
Unhappy with the leadership of Premier Alison Redford, Calgary-Foothills MLA Len Webber is quitting the provincial Progressive Conservative caucus. (Fred Chartrand/Canadian Press)

"She's just really not a nice lady — I can be honest with you there. I cannot work for an individual who treats people poorly, who treats our taxpaying dollars poorly," he told reporters Thursday morning.

"I have heard from my constituents. They have talked to me for the past three, four months angered about what is going on with respect to the abuse — the abuse of government aircraft and abuse of our taxpaying dollars — and I cannot put up with it any longer."

and christy is fwends with this premier? hmm very telling indeed
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Calgary MLA Len Webber quits Tory caucus to protest prem

Post by Rwede »

Sounds like a guy whose ego doesn't let him work for a woman.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Rwede wrote:Sounds like a guy whose ego doesn't let him work for a woman.

Yes I'm sure it has nothing to do with having a sense of what's right and wrong!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ The guy's a politician. That makes the sense of right and wrong mutually exclusive with his career.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
VoiceOfReason
Fledgling

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Rwede wrote:^^^ The guy's a politician. That makes the sense of right and wrong mutually exclusive with his career.

And so is she. What's your point?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lakevixen wrote:

and christy is fwends with this premier? hmm very telling indeed

Telling?? Only to cherry pickers. How come ya never saw fit to cut and paste the articles about the "frosty" meeting when Christie said "only if BC gets it's fair share"? Don't fret tho, next cheques are out in about ten days.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Allison Redford just got caught ripping of $45,000 going to Nelson mandelas funeral. She is a complete slimer. And now of course she is paying it back, cause she got caught. S
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Telling?? Only to cherry pickers. How come ya never saw fit to cut and paste the articles about the "frosty" meeting when Christie said "only if BC gets it's fair share"? Don't fret tho, next cheques are out in about ten days.

yea okay mickey if you say so lol . you responded like someone who is embarrassed
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

samsquench07 wrote:Allison Redford just got caught ripping of $45,000 going to Nelson mandelas funeral. She is a complete slimer. And now of course she is paying it back, cause she got caught. S

I guess she should be a Senator instead of a Premier.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Rwede wrote:Sounds like a guy whose ego doesn't let him work for a woman.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

He quit the caucus because Redford has repeatedly shown reckless disregard for Albertans' money. 20+ MLA's were ready to leave the caucus if she didn't pay back the exorbitant cost of her personal trip. You can't tell me you think all 20 of them also had a problem working for Redford just because she is a woman?

And it most definitely wasn't the first time she'd been called out on doing this kind of thing. Her problem is entitlement. Around here we call her queen allison. Must be a chauvinist thing, hey?
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

Second Tory MLA leaves caucus. This one a woman. Maybe she can't handle working for a woman either?

Alberta politics should be interesting to watch over the next couple of months.

Since being elected, however, and particularly since joining Cabinet, I am increasingly convinced that elements of this 43-year old government are simply unable to make the changes needed to achieve that dream of a better Alberta.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/03/17/c ... ndependent
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

And TEN more??? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alison-redford-uproar-tory-mlas-consider-leaving-caucus-1.2575314

Yikes. Or TWENTY?: "Amid rumours that as many as 20 MLAs would follow Webber’s lead, PC party executives met with Redford on Saturday in Calgary."

I wonder is this kind of revolt will rub off on Allison's best buddy Steve??
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
damuffin65
Fledgling

Post by damuffin65 »

no more to say

laughing cow.png
"A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds." Mark Twain

Return to “Canada”