Alberta Premier resigns

DeepEnd
Fledgling

Alberta Premier resigns

Post by DeepEnd »

I have followed this story since she began office. Albertans do what BC'ers can't. With an oil patch in their backyard even they can't afford a premier like her.

Go Alberta, who's next?
Never pass up the opportunity to do good.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: Alberta Premier resigns

Post by gordon_as »

From the castanet article : "Redford has been struggling to deal with unrest in her Progressive Conservative caucus over her leadership style and questionable expenses."
Re: the photo on Castanet. Well it's obvious she is not spending it all on her hair , makeup and clothing.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

She never did make a good leader, she is like our Christie, and Clark should do the same....resign. Put them both in the same jar and you would have two defunct premiers.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
TedD
Board Meister

Post by TedD »

But she never got a spot on Jimmy Kimmel or had a bobble head doll made after her...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol yes things not looking good for christy
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lakevixen wrote:lol yes things not looking good for christy

I fail to see many similarities between Redford and Clark. They do both have breasts I suppose. Redford should have actually paid more attention to Christies playbook and emulated her. You know, simple stuff like balancing costs to revenues.....fiscal conservatism. Pretty sure the Alberta conservative caucus would welcome a mindset like Christy's in a heartbeat.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

lakevixen wrote:lol yes things not looking good for christy

I believe we went down this road before the last election. lol
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
DeepEnd
Fledgling

Post by DeepEnd »

TedD wrote:But she never got a spot on Jimmy Kimmel or had a bobble head doll made after her...

Mrs. Redford has always portrayed herself has being on top of it (POLITICAL position wise) but has now been shown to be just a political straw slurping away as if no one cares about the noise she makes. For as long as no one questions you out of rath or fear you are safe. She seemed to feel that the taxpayer; ie. her employer would except anything she said. Did she apply for days off because of the death of a friend?

Who in their right mind would think that the premier of Alberta would need two bodyguards in Palm Springs to protect her? From what? I assume it was to make her important sounding when checking in or getting a reservation at a restaurant.

"Oh, yes...Do you have room for my TWO bodyguards.....Oh, yes I do need them so for the threat to my life is everywhere."

Christy Clark has learned from other that as long as you give goood face to the cameras and don;t let yourself get greedy while in office your safe for when you retire. Mrs. Redford seemed to me to feel more queen-like than premier.

Just because in the end you pay back money that you were not entiled to (steal?) does not make you an all round nice person and everything goes away and is forgotten.
Last edited by DeepEnd on Mar 20th, 2014, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never pass up the opportunity to do good.
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Any politician who abuses Canadians like this should be throw out or resign immediately. Should be the law. $10 dollar orange juice should be banned. Redford spend 45,000 on the africa trip, I heard another 17,000 on A one day trip to Chicago.

Embarrassing at its best.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Now Alberta will elect "Wild Rose" and that will be the death-knell for the modern Conservative movement.

At least it will be good fodder for The Daily Show. Maybe some really far out "social conservative" quotes about gays or poor people? *crosses fingers*
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

twobits wrote:
I fail to see many similarities between Redford and Clark. They do both have breasts I suppose. Redford should have actually paid more attention to Christies playbook and emulated her. You know, simple stuff like balancing costs to revenues.....fiscal conservatism. Pretty sure the Alberta conservative caucus would welcome a mindset like Christy's in a heartbeat.

Destroying education for example. Hardest province in Canada to get a student loan. second lowest funding per student in Canada, no educational help for people with disabilities, cutting post secondary education spending by $51 million, second highest child poverty rate in Canada. Yeah, Christies great.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Fail to collect anything more than token royalties on oil and gas and Alberta ignores the lost billions.

Spend $40,000 on a trip and they go into a rage.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

They need to find and elect this generation version of P. Lougheed, get back to what made Alberta a strong Province.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Never happen. Peter Lougheed was much too reasonable and much too thoughtful. Heck, he even suggested that the province should slow down the development of the oil sands.

Try getting elected in Alberta on that platform, slowing down development of the oil sands. The Harperites would have a conniption!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

hobbyguy wrote:Never happen. Peter Lougheed was much too reasonable and much too thoughtful. Heck, he even suggested that the province should slow down the development of the oil sands.

Try getting elected in Alberta on that platform, slowing down development of the oil sands. The Harperites would have a conniption!

lol.... did you happen to notice I said "this generation version".
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Canada”