Alberta Premier resigns

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Alberta Premier resigns

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

it seems like so many stories in the news these days are as much about being supportive of other stories as they are revelations themselves, all the while the narrow visioned reader/viewer is being led to a greater truth.

for instance, the idea that rob ford, mayor of toronto, smokes crack seems passe now, but it also seems we are being warmed to the idea, the possible truth, that he is a gangster and may have played a role in the beatings and killings of people in his circles.

i myself rarely comment on alberta politics/governance, it's not anything that interests me. albertans are albertans, and i am not one of them.

that i feel differently about the world and have a different perspective than an albertan might is made very clear to myself when i see recent stories such as calgarians choosing to burn $5000 via a radio poll, and now, 1/3 of responding edmontonians being of the mind that women are at least partially responsible for sexual assaults perpetrated against them.

i will admit, i had no idea whatsoever that these stories were anything more than the daily fluff plenty of radio stations pass off as 'news' or simply entertainment in the guise of 'public interest', but then i heard something so bizarre it made me wonder.

why have albertans dropped interest in alison redford's resignation as premier so quickly?
why has alison redford not shown up for work in legislature as mla for calgary-elbow since resigning?

we all know why she quit, right? she was caught having a private penthouse suite built for herself in a new federal building. that combined with already known questionable expenditures of taxpayer money was the multimillion dollar, hidden from public and government view/oversight, straw that broke the camel's, or in this case, the progressive conservative association of alberta's back.

so she had a grandiose sense of entitlement, big deal, she saw the error of her ways and stepped down. this is what the main stream is telling us, overtly. look again though, is the big fluffy comforter that the mainstream media presenting actually slightly untucked? are the dirty bed sheets underneath actually somewhat exposed?

we are told the "premier's suite" was to be "additional hosting space", not residential at all, even though the 'suite' would provide "sleeping and grooming quarters with clothing storage for an adult and one teenager (separate is preferable)."

as well it was to have "a powder room, a walk-in closet, a butler’s pantry and dining, study and lounge areas."

City planners balked at Redford’s apartment. They said if she planned to stay overnight, the development permit had to be changed and made public.

Redford’s office replied that nothing would be made public for security reasons.

maybe it wasn't residential in nature, maybe it was just for 'hosting', maybe alison redford 'hosted' with her daughter, and sometimes they 'hosted' in beds.

that certainly would explain a number of other anomalies of redford's expenses and requests, like needing a security detail so often, and a private elevator to the suite so herself and the people she 'hosts' could come and go undetected.

is alison redford directly involved in prostitution, human trafficking and child exploitation? i do not know. is that the sort of person calgarians would elect as their mla, or albertans would elect as their premier? i do not know. is that the sort of person the progressive conservative association of alberta would choose to lead their political party and their province? i do not know.

so what if she is a prostitute, should she not be allowed to be premier because of that? and if she is a prostitute, and innocent of pimping out her 12 year old daughter, then is it so wrong for her to want to be close to her daughter and provide a 'safe' environment for her daughter when she is busy 'hosting'?

if you had $5000 to burn, would you partake in the services offered by a 'celebrity' prostitute? if you saw that 'celebrity' status prostitute in public and were denied her services because she was not 'open for business' at that time, so you say something that could be construed as 'assault', or worse you physically and sexually assault her, is she to blame at all?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/03/28 ... g-reports/
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.2589713
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.2604599
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

On Tuesday, Wildrose critic Rob Anderson was needling Infrastructure Minister Ric McIver, claiming he’s using government time and airplanes to foster his budding Tory leadership campaign.

McIver responded that he’s just out there on government business, doing what Albertans elected the PCs to do.

Anderson replied: “The former premier who just stepped down, she did the right thing and resigned.”

He paused and added quietly: “Maybe you shouldn’t have stabbed her in the back.”

The house suddenly went dead silent.

Some PCs still aren’t sure if they should be taking credit for Alison Redford’s resignation, or apologizing for it. There’s a lingering seediness that has those involved feeling like they need a shower, even though they still believe she had to be pushed out.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion/co ... story.html
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

shame on you
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

why would the progressive conservatives under alison redford interfere with the freedom of information process in alberta?

how dirty they are in alberta.

Freedom of information requests are used by journalists, citizens and the opposition to uncover information not made public by the government.

Quite often, such revelations have proven embarrassing to those in power.

Documents released by the opposition Wildrose party and by Lukaszuk on Tuesday revealed that last November, Lukaszuk, then deputy premier to then-premier Alison Redford, directed changes to the process.

Lukaszuk made the information public after Wildrose Leader Danielle Smith presented an internal government email that referred to his Nov. 29 memo.

Smith told reporters it was a concerned freedom of information officer who leaked the information to her party in the first place.

“We need to make sure that the process is independent,” said Smith.

“They (the government) actually directed their press secretaries to get involved in active freedom of information requests. And that’s just not allowed.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/1284943/alber ... owildrose/
T.Tsarnaev
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

No different then the Federal Conservative Party of Canada.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

alfred2 wrote:shame on you

yes redford should be ashamed , great post alf

Return to “Canada”