Ron Cannan restrained in Parliament

Atomoa
Guru

Ron Cannan restrained in Parliament

Post by Atomoa »

Toronto-area MP Dan Harris says he saw International Trade Minister Ed Fast make a gun gesture with his hand at NDP colleague Niki Ashton after she asked a question in the Commons.

Shortly after Harris raised the finger-pointing issue as a point of order, he says B.C. Conservative MP Ron Cannan approached him on the NDP side of the House and had to be physically restrained.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#112795

I was just on my way down to his office this weekend to talk about the "fair" elections act. Looks like he and his party will be doing damage control over the next few weeks and will be too busy to pretend to listen to me.

Violence and intimidation and gun gestures in Parliament?

"He was coming down the row, yelling at me and he had to be physically restrained from coming at me…. He was challenging me to come outside. That kind of behaviour has no place in Parliament."

He called him outside? In PARLIAMENT?

Thanks Ron (and the CPC), for lowering the bar even further.
Last edited by Atomoa on Apr 10th, 2014, 3:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Ron Cannan restrained in Parliment

Post by Lady tehMa »

I find that hard to believe.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trade-m ... -1.2604588

In a separate scrum, Harris said Cannan "was getting belligerent and yelling at me from across the way" before appearing on the opposition side of the House.

"He was coming down the row, yelling at me and he had to be physically restrained from coming at me…. He was challenging me to come outside. That kind of behaviour has no place in Parliament."

Harris told reporters that he was also approached by Fast.

"He came over afterwards, and he was very angry, denying it and putting his finger in my face from less than the distance that we are. He was basically saying he was going to make life very uncomfortable for me if I didn't apologize."

Good thing its all on video.

- Buckminster Fuller
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I was once taking pictures of Christmas parade in Vancouver. One of the floats carried Larry Campbell, then mayor of Vancouver. When I approached the float to take a picture of him (I must have been 5-10 feet away), he looked straight at me and did a throat cutting gesture looking straight at the camera. I thought it was kinda freaky.

Next day I emailed his office wondering what's going on, and he explained to me that his friend in politics was standing right behind me, so it was meant to be funny to him.

I still have that picture somewhere. Should have sued the City for millions.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

OMG we're just lucky that they all didn't start holding their breath till they got their own way.
Black Dogs Matter
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

These "conservatives" are basically Republican Tea Party wannabes. Their "fair" elections act mirrors what Republicans are doing in the US to suppress the vote of those who they believe don't support The Cause.

An election can't come soon enough. But I'd wager Ron's job is safe no matter how crazy he gets.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

as usual, the conservative right wing loon party shows its true colors with outrageous behaviour in parliament. smh
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Looks like he had the safety on anyway...
They say you can't believe everything they say.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

One would think that that having advanced that far along in the Government those people would know which finger to use while communicating with each other.
Black Dogs Matter
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

What a circus. Getting to be like reality tv these parliament proceedings. How on earth can anything constructive come out of that raucous hullabaloo?
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
Popeye69
Board Meister

Post by Popeye69 »

Well buddy shouldn't of made a gun gesture, that was dumb... but for parliament to get bent out of shape over it is purely stupid. As if he intended to threaten someones life. Who cares... we are waaaay too sensitive these days to stupid crap. Everything can now be construed as bullying these days. You raise your voice..your a bully...you roll your eyes...your bullying. Its out of hand.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Harper and his minions are circling the drain. It may be stressful for some and they act irrationally.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Popeye69 wrote:As if he intended to threaten someones life. Who cares... we are waaaay too sensitive these days to stupid crap.

These are 100+k a year salary + golden pension professionals working in the highest office in the country.

I can't point a finger and pretend to shoot someone (customer or another employee) while working at McDonald's. Try "making a gun gesture" in a airport.

No excuses.

As well - our own "can't loose the election no matter what" Ron Cannan walked across the floor and called out a MP "to fight". This is a grown man, who is also a father. I'm more concerned about that than the gun gesture (it's takes a lot of emotional immaturity for a grown "professional" to try to start a physical fight in Parliament), but both are equally as deplorable,

- Buckminster Fuller
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Justin Trudeau drops an F-bomb and is called juvenile and unfit for office. Ron Cannan gets physically aggressive as a sitting member IN Parliament and it's no big deal?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Captain Awesome wrote:I was once taking pictures of Christmas parade in Vancouver. One of the floats carried Larry Campbell, then mayor of Vancouver. When I approached the float to take a picture of him (I must have been 5-10 feet away), he looked straight at me and did a throat cutting gesture looking straight at the camera. I thought it was kinda freaky.

Next day I emailed his office wondering what's going on, and he explained to me that his friend in politics was standing right behind me, so it was meant to be funny to him.

I still have that picture somewhere. Should have sued the City for millions.

A guy makes what you perceive to be a simulated throat cutting gesture and you can sue for millions. ??
this world is made of idiots for sure

Return to “Canada”