Jim Flaherty has died.

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Jim Flaherty has died.

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

kompili wrote:Why have pity over someone that doesn't deserve it just to be one of the crowd. It is not all abut politics, I didn't like the man and his tactics and sneaky dealings

Because this is one of those times, where it would behoove you to remember, something your mother more than likely attempted to teach you, if you don't have something good to say, keep your trap shut.

It's got nothing to do with being one of the crowd, and a lot to do with being a member of the human race.

There's a time and place for everything, and this thread isn't the place for you to spew political venom.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 16th, 2014, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

kompili wrote:Why have pity over someone that doesn't deserve it just to be one of the crowd. It is not all abut politics, I didn't like the man and his tactics and sneaky dealings

There are 3 possibilities for someone who feels that way about Jim Flaherty.

1. You didn't know the man

2. You took very little interest in learning about and understanding his life, morals, character, views, and activities.

3. You are a very poor judge of character.

I suspect in this case all three apply.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

I was watching the state funeral for Jim Flaherty today, and although I may not have the words that jumped out at me exactly right, what I took from them was..

Jim Flaherty was a political partisan, not about left or right, ....but rather about right from wrong.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Because this is one of those times, where it would behoove you to remember, something your mother more than likely attempted to teach you, if you don't have something good to say, keep your trap shut.

It's got nothing to do with being one of the crowd, and a lot to do with being a member of the human race.

There's a time and place for everything, and this thread isn't the place for you to spew political venom.

Curious, when is the appropriate time and place to dance on someone's grave?
Seriously though, he's beyond criticism because why?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

It's not that someone is "beyond criticism" just because they died; particularly public figures. It's just that there's a time and place for everything, and the day of the funeral is neither.

Out of respect for Jim's family and friends it's usually kinder to wait a while before saying negative things about the deceased.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

WhatThe wrote: Curious, when is the appropriate time and place to dance on someone's grave?
Seriously though, he's beyond criticism because why?

um, because he has passed away, and can no longer defend himself? Fortunately, the vast majority of Canadians - whether or not they agreed with his economic views as finance minister, respected -even loved - the whole man.

Nab
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

NAB wrote:
Jim Flaherty was a political partisan, not about left or right, ....but rather about right from wrong.

Nab

I guess you didn't know him very well, he is a right wing nut case under the Harper Regime.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Never mind that^^^ politicians ascend to that level of "power" by doing what's right for their career and not by doing what's wrong for their associates (party) and colleagues.

Return to “Canada”