Jim Flaherty has died.

NAB
Buddha of the Board

Jim Flaherty has died.

Post by NAB »

: -(
Last edited by NAB on Apr 11th, 2014, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Breaking! Jim Flaherty has died.

Post by GordonH »

My deepest condolences to his Family and friends, as well his colleague's as MP.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

For real? Good riddance
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

^ Next up, it was AIDS?

My condolences to the family.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Suspicion is it was a heart attack.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

WhatThe wrote:For real? Good riddance

He deserved a long and happy life - just like you do. Regardless of political opinion.

RIP and condolences to the family.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Haa, a breath of fresh air in Canada. Another crook will take his place.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

there are stupid people in all walks of live but some of these posters take the cake. even their leader has respect of a very good man and finance minister
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

alfred2 wrote:there are stupid people in all walks of live but some of these posters take the cake. even their leader has respect of a very good man and finance minister

Agreed.

For real? Good riddance

Haa, a breath of fresh air in Canada. Another crook will take his place.

Comments like these speak directly to the character of those making the comments. Shameful.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Although I don't agree with Thomas Mulcair politically he certainly acted with class earlier today in reacting to the death of Jim Flaherty. I expect Justin Trudeau to react appropriately as well. It's unfortunate to see some posters on here celebrating the death of a politician with whom they disagree. We've seen it today with the death of Jim Flaherty and we saw it after the death of Margaret Thatcher. I believe that Jim Flaherty was an outstanding Minister of Finance but even those who disagree should respect him for his years of service and they should also respect him as a human being.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Ya ya, pay your tributes to corrupt, self serving power hungry tyrants. Have at it.
Youve watched as these *bleep* have lied to you, cut your most precious budgets that protect you the most and now you give reverence? Character indeed.
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod

Post by Carrs Landing Viking »

WhatThe wrote:Ya ya, pay your tributes to corrupt, self serving power hungry tyrants. Have at it.
Youve watched as these *bleep* have lied to you, cut your most precious budgets that protect you the most and now you give reverence? Character indeed.

Your post is shameful and quite disgusting , and has no place on this forum.

Jim Flaherty was a good man. Period.

My condolences to his family.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

it is to bad that the post calling finance minister names is very stupid it goes to show the character he is. he should stop welfare and go to work
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

While I disagreed with some Jim Flaherty's policy ideas, I always felt he was genuine and wanted to be of service to Canada. He was the only bright light of the current government, and I am saddened by the news of his passing.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Return to “Canada”