Exports to Iran Alberta firm charges

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Exports to Iran Alberta firm charges

Post by maryjane48 »

A Red Deer, Alta., company has been charged with violating international sanctions against Iran by exporting a product that can be used in nuclear applications, officials announced today.

After a joint investigation launched almost three years ago by the RCMP organized crime section and the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA), Lee Specialties Ltd. has been charged under the Special Economic Measures Act, the Customs Act and the United Nations Act for unlawfully shipping Viton o-rings to Iran.
more good stuff out of alberta , shakes head
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Exports to Iran Alberta firm charges

Post by Rwede »

You have a problem with the ability of the RCMP and government to catch and charge a company that was violating trade laws?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

No I'll bet she has problems with the company that was doing it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Rwede wrote:You have a problem with the ability of the RCMP and government to catch and charge a company that was violating trade laws?

I have a problem with companies *removed* selling nuclear stuff to Iran :)
Last edited by Merry on Apr 14th, 2014, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lakevixen wrote: I have a problem with companies *removed* selling nuclear stuff to Iran :)

Lol.......nuclear stuff. You have no idea what a Viton o ring is do you? These charges are a huge joke. While I fully support the Iran sanctions and border security for being vigilant, charges and prosecution in this case is an embarrassing over kill. These are simple o rings made with synthetic rubber that anyone can buy at NAPA or Canadian Tire for 25 cents. They are used in thousands of products that are subject to heat and petroleum products. Sure, they can be used in nuclear facilities as well but I hardly think the Iranians are scrambling to find Viton o rings.
The o rings this company was sending were inside oil field equipment. If another company has ever shipped an automotive transmission to Iran they too would be guilty of supporting Irans nuclear industry cuz they are inside transmissions too. That is how silly this is.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Canada”