Air Canada luggage toss

westbankkid
Übergod

Air Canada luggage toss

Post by westbankkid »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#113414 I find this interesting. Air Canada employees at it again. I wonder if this comes under Customer Service. Getting the bags to the Customer faster by dropping them...I wonder...
samsquench07
Übergod

Re: Air Canada Luggage toss

Post by samsquench07 »

Yep, just another stunt. Obvisouly a few employees would have seen this going on, but refused to stop it
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

just like a union member, THAT IS NOT MY JOB TO CARRY DOWN THE STAIRS, they will blame the airlines not me. also i am late for coffee.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I suspect Air Canada Baggage handlers are not the only ones that treat baggage as seen in video, just they have not been caught on camera.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

This is not limited to Air Canada. Our trip to Mexico has my son's brand new luggage coming off the plane scratched up so bad. Not impressed at all.
~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I was under the impression that baggage handling was contracted out. I know it is in Kelowna.
Still no excuse for handling the bags like that.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I never fly with them unless there's no other option.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

I wonder the nay Sayers how long it would take them to do the same as well. It's baggage for cryin out loud, clothes. Anti union crap as usual lol
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

WhatThe wrote:I wonder the nay Sayers how long it would take them to do the same as well. It's baggage for cryin out loud, clothes. Anti union crap as usual lol

It's not only baggage. It is the carryons that were chucked. Normally bags that have items that they don't want damaged. Such as booze, computers etc. Would you want your bags handled that way?
Unions would protect scum like that and keep them their job. I would sack them.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

westbankkid wrote:It's not only baggage. It is the carryons that were chucked.

Why would baggage handlers be chucking carry ons?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Captain Awesome wrote:Why would baggage handlers be chucking carry ons?

The flight was crowded and, because the storage bins in the cabin were full, some passengers had to check their carry-on luggage at the gate.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/a ... -1.2615272
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

alfred2 wrote:just like a union member, THAT IS NOT MY JOB TO CARRY DOWN THE STAIRS, they will blame the airlines not me. also i am late for coffee.

I'd say just someone who doesn't care about their job,and they are lazy! No need to bring Union into it.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

The guy on the ground doesn't seem particularly bothered about the way the other guy is handling (mishandling) it, though.

United (breaks guitars) must be sighing a big sign of relief, finally they are not the bad guys, lol.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

It's not only baggage. It is the carryons that were chucked. Normally bags that have items that they don't want damaged. Such as booze, computers etc. Would you want your bags handled that way?
Unions would protect scum like that and keep them their job. I would sack them.

Unions don't protect anyone in this type of situation. They simply represent the employee at the disciplinary hearing. They win some, they loose some based on facts and evidence. Now if it were non union and it was the bosses kid caught doing this then they would more then likely be protected by their dad and given another chance.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

he has the union attitude, they will protect my job.

Return to “Canada”