Air Canada luggage toss

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Air Canada Luggage toss

Post by GrooveTunes »

Dizzy1 wrote:Funny how a Union will fight tooth and nail to protect an employee's job no matter how much they screw up giving the company a bad rap but God forbid the Union finds a member no longer in good standing then watch out *bleep* cat, you're out of a job. Welcome to Canada.

What a load of right wing garbage. Completely untrue. Unions represent the employee regardless of the member being in good standing or not. It's the law. I've worked with members not in good standing for many years. I've also seen them retire with a pretty good pension just like me.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

GrooveTunes wrote:What a load of right wing garbage. Completely untrue. Unions represent the employee regardless of the member being in good standing or not. It's the law. I've worked with members not in good standing for many years. I've also seen them retire with a pretty good pension just like me.

I could introduce you to a few people who've been kicked out of there Union's resulting in them losing their jobs, but I guess that's just my right wing way of thinking.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Air Canada luggage toss

Post by Merry »

This conversation is veering a little off topic. Please get back to talking about the Air Canada luggage toss.

Thanks.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Merry wrote:This conversation is veering a little off topic. Please get back to talking about the Air Canada luggage toss.

Thanks.

I give them 8 points on technicality but only 3 points on form ... could have put more thought into presentation and execution ;)

Seriously though, this isn't limited to AC ... spend some time at other airports around the world and you'll see the same thing. Lots of fun when you're on the public viewing terraces at some European airports :)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Air Canada's mantra - "we're not happy until you're not happy".
Not afraid to say "It".
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Then they must be happy with many of their customers.
On a different forum
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

GrooveTunes wrote:Always my first choice. Always get great service.

Nearly 50 flights last year and over 20 in 2014 for me so far, and I still don't understand the raging hard on people have for WestJet. I honestly can't recall the last
WJ flight I had that wasn't delayed. The latest was two days ago coming to Ontario. Lost luggage in February. A four hour delay last April out of Toronto with zero food, no opportunity to get off, and not one cent in refunds.

Obviously not justifying AC moves here, but they're still my top pick by far.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Delays and problems happen, it's all about how they are handled by the staff and airline management that have made me choose Westjet over AC as my airline of choice.
On a different forum

Return to “Canada”