grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Canada's Northern Boundary

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/115 ... -to-Canada

Putin talks back to Canada
by The Canadian Press | Story: 115820 - May 24, 2014 / 8:59 am

Photo: The Canadian Press
Russian president Vladimir Putin said there may be room for compromise on the arctic, but not the Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin says he can understand Canada's concerns about Arctic sovereignty, but the Canadian stance on Russian involvement in Ukraine is far harder to accept.

Putin took questions from senior representatives of international wire services, including The Canadian Press, at a meeting in St. Petersburg on Saturday.

He says there is room for compromise in discussions about who owns what in the Arctic, and he points to Russian talks with Scandinavian countries as a model.

But when it comes to Canada chastising Russia's involvement in Ukraine, Putin is far less conciliatory.

He suggests Canada is too far away from the region to justify its meddling, and that Russia is acting within the scope of international law.

Putin says that when it comes to the conflicts there, he will not run away from anyone, including Canada's prime minister.
The Canadian Press

I'd be ditching the Ukraine and focusing heavily on what Russia's interests are in our north. There should be no compromise - just like Putin says there's no compromise with the Ukraine.

Canada is not a fighting country so this could mean the US comes in to help protect our north shores. That could mean bombs etc landing on Canadian soil or - potentially even a nuclear war. I am dramatizing, but it does concern me greatly.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
matai
Banned

Re: Canada's Northern Boundary

Post by matai »

grammafreddy wrote:Canada is not a fighting country so this could mean the US comes in to help protect our north shores. That could mean bombs etc landing on Canadian soil or - potentially even a nuclear war. I am dramatizing, but it does concern me greatly.

I read somewhere lately that the US is also interested in our Artic (because of its massive oil content). If the US come here to fight the Russians, it probably would simply mean expanding Alaska and enclaving Canada from both the North & South end and finishing what they started in BC so we might even lose what's left of our west coast as well.

Canada WILL lose, no matter what.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I believe they both like quiet little Canada in the middle between their two main countries. Kind of a buffer zone where they could carry on the battle if necessary.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Social studies learned from an online game.

Return to “Canada”