Fallen RCMP members honoured

omisimaw
Guru

Fallen RCMP members honoured

Post by omisimaw »

Such a sad event in Moncton.... I have not found a post about the funeral?? but here is a link to some information

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/06/10/moncton-funeral-photos-rcmp_n_5479887.html

My heart goes out to the families and friends of these young men!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Fallen RCMP members honored

Post by Always Sunny »

I know a couple of members who flew out for the service. The turnout was pretty spectacular. Really touching to see how far (literally) people will go to show their respects.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

It is considered a family and that family extends to the members immediate family as well. I can not stop the tears over this, it is such an unnecessary tragedy.
So so sad! I could not watch the live stream but the pictures tell a very impressive story for all.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

I could not watch either as I was on the road working all day. But I did get some wonderful pics via text (not inside the service). Hits close to home when you have a lot of friends in law enforcement, even in Moncton.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's a somber reminder of the dedication these members have to their community and each other. Their loss will be forever remembered in the hearts of those left behind.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Fancy wrote:It's a somber reminder of the dedication these members have to their community and each other. Their loss will be forever remembered in the hearts of those left behind.

Those yet to come as well, since the names of all the fallen ones are engraved on the walls of the RCMP Chapel at Depot.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

the one officers police dog at the funeral,sniffing the hat and sitting near the casket etc really brought tears to my eyes
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Such a Tradgedy . So sorry for the families.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Fancy wrote:It's a somber reminder of the dedication these members have to their community and each other. Their loss will be forever remembered in the hearts of those left behind.

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Those yet to come as well, since the names of all the fallen ones are engraved on the walls of the RCMP Chapel at Depot.

A beautiful historical site! And the laying of the rose at graduation makes one really understand the depth of the family.
Strongly recommend a visit to the museum if you are ever in Regina as well.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

wanderingman wrote:the one officers police dog at the funeral,sniffing the hat and sitting near the casket etc really brought tears to my eyes

So touching there's no words.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Always Sunny wrote:I know a couple of members who flew out for the service. The turnout was pretty spectacular. Really touching to see how far (literally) people will go to show their respects.

Nice to see when you cut out the anti-Mountie Media Garbage and the RCMP attack posts on this site, you will find that Canadians overwhelmingly care about and support the RCMP. Thank you to the Red Serge!
Beerhunter341
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Beerhunter341 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:

So touching there's no words.

So sad

Return to “Canada”