Subway attack: Double standards?

matai
Banned

Re: Subway attack: Double standards?

Post by matai »

About misconceptions and preconceived ideas: If the guy was black, he probably would have been shot dead before being arrested.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Atomoa wrote:Your attempt at classifying humans talking about mistreatment into "the misunderstood white male" was poor and it's even more distressing that you wish to ignore inequality.

You must not have read all the posts here, as I was responding to two of the previous posters who were bemoaning the life of "white males".
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

matai wrote:About misconceptions and preconceived ideas: If the guy was black, he probably would have been shot dead before being arrested.

...and if a male attacked a unprovoked female i nthat manner and the female got up and tried to defend herself from any continuation of the attack I'm sure they both would have been charged as well (lol)
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

coffeeFreak wrote:You must not have read all the posts here, as I was responding to two of the previous posters who were bemoaning the life of "white males".

Yes and I've seen some posts to the same tune when we talk about the 4:1 male suicide rate, and 93% workplace death rate. Oh poor "white" males. I occasionally read that phrase in feminist blogs and anti-men's rights backlash. Do as I say not as I do type stuff.

Anyways, no worries. It's just a human issue of equality in my mind ;)
Last edited by Atomoa on Jun 24th, 2014, 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

What I don't understand is why the girl keeps filming and no ones does anything to help.

That was for a fraction of second. I understand, it's sad, but it's a perfect reflect of the society we have become.

I was attacked in Montreal subway when I was 20, right in front of the booth at Berri station. Another guy (probably on drugs), tried to steal my cellphone. Everyone watched, no one did anything.

Another day I was leaving a subway in Toronto, and as I got above the first step of stairs on the booth plateform, there was a guy violently threatening patrons with a baseball bat. The two useless employees in their booth were watching and laughing. As I arrived in front of them I literally said "you should stop *f laughing and call security". - They instantly stopped laughing and picked up the phone. I can't believe how some people are no brainers sometimes. Of course, I didn't stay there to see what happened next, the guy was crazy, ready to hit anyone around.
Last edited by matai on Jun 24th, 2014, 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Bsuds wrote:I'm curious as to why she was being recorded before this all started. Was she doing strange things to start with or was it a set up.

I too was wondering why she was recording, but the article I posted explains why, and there is a video taken just prior to the one the op posted showing the woman's strange behaviour.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Atomoa wrote:Yes and I've seen some posts to the same tune when we talk about the 4:1 male suicide rate, and 93% workplace death rate. Oh poor "white" males. I occasionally read that phrase it in feminist blogs. Do as I say not as I do type stuff.

Anyways, no worries. It's just a human issue of equality in my mind ;)

The guy was not White, so the comments about white men did not apply to this discussion...that is all.

Return to “Canada”