Not cop bashing. Just the facts

KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: Not cop bashing. Just the facts

Post by KL3-Something »

Phew! Now I can sleep at night.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

wanderingman wrote:.I do not want a cop "learning" from his mistakes all the while continuing as a cop. You fire them is what you do. end of story

So you expect them to never make a mistake?
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

wanderingman wrote:I do not want a cop "learning" from his mistakes all the while continuing as a cop. You fire them is what you do. end of story

You want to fire someone from their job for making one mistake? You're expecting absolute perfection? It's going to be tough to find people willing to take on this job if they know they make one mistake in 20 or 30 years (or while being a rookie) and they're done. Expect to have to pay cops 10 times what they currently make in order to find people willing to take this risk.

Cops get involved in high pressure situations where split second decisions have to be made - they won't always be perfect. One could argue that any time an arrest is made and the person is found not guilty, a mistake was made by someone at some point (arrest shouldn't have been made in the first place, procedure not followed exactly, etc...). It's incredibly unrealistic to start firing cops over this.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Agreed but this was not about police making mistakes during the commission of their jobs. It was other types of indiscretions.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition

Return to “Canada”