Canada: Schools axe 'he' and 'she' in favour of 'xe'

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: Canada: Schools axe 'he' and 'she' in favour of 'xe'

Post by vinnied »

I'm not sure if i understand the story correctly.
So instead of calling transgender student "he/shes", they will now call them "xe" ? and anyone saying "he/she" will be sent to room 31?
well unfortunately i really dont think changing the word is going to make life any easier for them. in-fact i'm guessing it will bring even more unwanted attention there way.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Treblehook wrote:It would seem you are one of those people who believes in the merits of making things artificially easy for our kids so that they are so well prepared to meet and deal with the "not so easy" real world out there. The nobody fails concept in our schools and everybody gets a participation medal or trophy in our sport competitions is definitely the way to go in preparing kids for adulthood. There is no point in debating our opposing positions here cause there are two sides to this coin and we are on opposite sides.

Enter the strawman.

The points you accredit to me to try to discredit my stance in no they in no way reflect anything I've posted or said, they have nothing to do with this topic at hand, nobody except you have mentioned them. they have nothing to do with "Xe"

This is just about giving a new pronoun to a very small group of kids who are generally very vulnerable to teasing, bullying, ostracism and can have a plain tough go of it. It in now way effects you directly.

Your posts are examples the very reason this topic exists, Intolerance, hostility and outspoken criticism about something that is not only your problem, but really isn't any of your gosh-darned business. Yet here you are condemning the very thought of it.
On a different forum
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

That seems a good dose of "faux" intellectual gibberish. Thanks for that. Only your opinion on the topic is valid and all others represent intolerance, hostility, and outspoken criticism. Because others hold a different point of view, it is your measure that it doesn't effect them and it should be none of their concern. So, you are uniquely privileged to be one of the chosen few who "are directly effected" by this problem, and therefore have the right to communicate [unchallenged] on the topic. Is it an over sized ego or just plain arrogance that apparently makes you so comfortable trying to stifle the opinions of others?
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

I'll let your complete lack of actual counterpoint of substance and 100% personal attack speak for itself.

Or maybe it's just a case of thou doth protest too much.....
On a different forum
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I think the whole business of making up gender pronouns is utterly ridiculous. As for children identifying as transgendered . . .
this blogger offers up some excellent food for thought. http://lindsayleighbentley.com/2014/06/30/i-am-ryland-the-story-of-a-male-identifying-little-girl-who-didnt-transition/
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “Canada”