38% of New Brunswick workforce is TFW

Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: 38% of New Brunswick workforce is TFW

Post by Oxl3y »

If that 9.6% wanted to work those jobs for the same wage as the TFW then they would be working them, pretty much as simple as that. I don't really blame them either, why take some menial job if your EI will pay out more because you used to work a factory or fishery before the economy lost you your job?
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

the point that the leftys all miss is there should Be NO as in ZERO temporary FW in a area that has a 10% Unemployment rate. The only exception I can see if there is a particular job requirement that requires a skill that is just not obtainable
within a reasonable amount of time
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

10/10 correct
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

wanderingman wrote:the point that the leftys all miss is there should Be NO as in ZERO temporary FW in a area that has a 10% Unemployment rate. The only exception I can see if there is a particular job requirement that requires a skill that is just not obtainable

I guess the "rightys" don't see that Canadians are lazy and most won't work for $12 an hr when they can make the same or more on EI .
Until the system is changed it will stay that way. If unemployed they should have to take one of those jobs and EI make up any difference and if it's not taken then you get nothing!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

wanderingman wrote:the point that the leftys all miss is there should Be NO as in ZERO temporary FW in a area that has a 10% Unemployment rate. The only exception I can see if there is a particular job requirement that requires a skill that is just not obtainable

Great so no one will work those jobs then? If the Canadians wanted them they would have already had them.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

NOT TRUE THEY PAY us-Canadians- THE LOWEST WAGE POSSIBLE ,GIVE US ALL THE CRAP HRS TO WORK NEVER GIVE US FULL TIME HRS.hoping we quit are jobs
then they go crying that they can not fill the jobs so they can get out of the country workers ,that they know they can and will take advantage of ,in simple terms they f... everyone over
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

the truth wrote:NOT TRUE THEY PAY us-Canadians- THE LOWEST WAGE POSSIBLE ,GIVE US ALL THE CRAP HRS TO WORK NEVER GIVE US FULL TIME HRS.hoping we quit are jobs
then they go crying that they can not fill the jobs so they can get out of the country workers ,that they know they can and will take advantage of ,in simple terms they f... everyone over

The lowest wage is minimum wage, which is exactly what those jobs pay.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its not just about the wages ,look at the whole pixs
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

the truth wrote:its not just about the wages ,look at the whole pixs

What are crap hours when apparently you want to work? Don't get fulltime then get two menial jobs. You wouldn't be the first.

Frankly I don't believe you. Plus if there really was a conspiracy to force Canadians out of fast food jobs they would really be doing you a favor...go look for a real job.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I have a real job, with great hrs,that I love thank you very much for asking.
are you saying that people that work in the fast food ,do not have a real job????
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

the truth wrote:I have a real job, with great hrs,that I love thank you very much for asking.
are you saying that people that work in the fast food ,do not have a real job????

So then you really don't have an idea what you are talking about then. Do you have links to your great conspiracy?

It is a transitional job. You have one when you are a teenager, you may have one when you have retired but still want/need to work but if you have one as an adult you need to rethink your life goals.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my point is ,fast food jobs are real full time jobs for many adults and that's a fact,the problem is people like you putting people down because that's what they do for a living
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

the truth wrote:my point is ,fast food jobs are real full time jobs for many adults and that's a fact,the problem is people like you putting people down because that's what they do for a living

You're right! TFW's are working those jobs. Which is my point. Those are not career jobs. I don't blame out of work tradespeople for not wanting to work those jobs although I do like Bsuds idea of working the job and EI covering the difference. To complain about TFW's "stealing" jobs no one wants is quite frankly ridiculous.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

my point is that the fastfood industry want to make it hard for locals to want to work in fastfood.so they can bring in the tfw workers and take advantage of them .its like double dipping
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

the truth wrote:my point is that the fastfood industry want to make it hard for locals to want to work in fastfood.so they can bring in the tfw workers and take advantage of them .its like double dipping

To which I said I don't believe you. We have labor laws in this country so frankly your idea belongs in the conspiracy theory threads.

Return to “Canada”