38% of New Brunswick workforce is TFW

bob vernon
Lord of the Board

38% of New Brunswick workforce is TFW

Post by bob vernon »

Absolutely shocking. 38% of the people working in New Brunswick are temporary foreign workers. And the unemployment rate there is at 9.6%. And more than one-third of the people employed in NB are temporary foreign workers. The "recruiters" are skimming a few dollars off each of them. What a scam.
Atomoa
Guru

Re: 38% of New Brunswick workforce is TFW

Post by Atomoa »

Links?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bob vernon wrote:Absolutely shocking. 38% of the people working in New Brunswick are temporary foreign workers. And the unemployment rate there is at 9.6%. And more than one-third of the people employed in NB are temporary foreign workers. The "recruiters" are skimming a few dollars off each of them. What a scam.

yup, makes me want to puke
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

NB pop is about 750,000. If NB have 1/3 pop working it means roughly 250,000 workers.

40% TFW = about 83,000.

You mean a third of ALL TFW in Canada are in NB?

BS

Lol
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I think he meant to say 1/3rd of the fastfood industry jobs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

The number of temporary foreign workers in Atlantic Canada has more than tripled since 2005, with all four provinces seeing gains greater than the national increase of 140 per cent.

The Atlantic Provinces Economic Council notes in its new report card released on Wednesday that recent growth in the temporary foreign workers program has been concentrated in lower-skill occupations, such as fish plant workers and employees in the food service sector.

The number of temporary foreign workers in the Atlantic region grew to 10,900 in December 2012 from 3,500 in 2005, states the council.

Despite the rapid growth in the temporary foreign workforce, the number of workers in the programs accounts for only one per cent of total employment in the region, compared with 1.9 per cent nationally and 3 per cent in Alberta.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.2649486
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Far cry from 38%
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

Yup, lol. And 10,000 is for the whole Maritimes.

NB pop 750,000
NS pop about 2,000,000
PEI pop about 150,000
NL pop about 1

All fishing villages in NB are Acadian French, any TFW would have trouble communicating lol.

So NB have maybe what, 1,000 - 2,000 TFW? Far far far from 38%, more like 1%, as babe said.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

bob vernon wrote:Absolutely shocking. 38% of the people working in New Brunswick are temporary foreign workers. And the unemployment rate there is at 9.6%. And more than one-third of the people employed in NB are temporary foreign workers. The "recruiters" are skimming a few dollars off each of them. What a scam.

oneh2obabe wrote:Despite the rapid growth in the temporary foreign workforce, the number of workers in the programs accounts for only one per cent of total employment in the region, compared with 1.9 per cent nationally and 3 per cent in Alberta.

Darn it all anyway. Don't ya just hate it when a perfectly good leftist rant is disrupted by facts?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bottom line- tfw- needs to go ,there are lots of people in this country looking for work no need to hire from the outside
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

the truth wrote:bottom line- tfw- needs to go ,there are lots of people in this country looking for work no need to hire from the outside

Smart people around here are looking for more than minimum wage and not flipping burgers for the rest of their life.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

First of all; when did people from Quebec become known as "foreign"?

Secondly; I would think the incidence of bringing in TFWs over local folk being advantageous is minimal. I would also like to think that employers have not found a way to exploit these workers.

Third; the number of Canadians without work who are holding out for management positions is absurd which is where the need came for the TFW program.

It's supply and demand. There's a supply of them and our indigenous countrymen demand more money.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

dizzy
it takes all kinds to make the world go round,nothing wrong with flipping burgers to earn an honest paycheque.
to support yourself and family
and no I do not work in the fastfood industry
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

the truth wrote:dizzy
it takes all kinds to make the world go round,nothing wrong with flipping burgers to earn an honest paycheque.
to support yourself and family

Actually there is. A healthy economy needs jobs in all parts of the pay spectrum. Flipping burgers is meant for 16 year olds, not to support a family on.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

1% or 38%, what the diff really right?

More like 38% of posters have no problem lying on the internet.

Return to “Canada”