Why shouldn't we look for Nathan O'Brien?

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why shouldn't we look for Nathan O'Brien?

Post by steven lloyd »

Daspoot wrote: Wow.

Go back and read the responses in this thread, everything has been explained several times, very clearly. If you don't get it yet, it's because you don't want to.

Bringing a preconceived conspiracy theory to the table and then ignoring everything that counters it completely discredits all your contributions, well done, you've effectively countered yourself better than anyone else could, and we thank you for that.

My only beef is the disservice you do to those still hurting from such awful crimes committed to their family and friends. Your nonsense is a slap in the face to them and those working tirelessly to help find justice and closure.

It's time for a long hard look in the mirror and some serious questions about your motivation here.

... and possibly some haloperidol or lithium.....

Well said Daspoot. The psychotic ramblings of these CTers is one thing, but their disregard for the feelings of those innocent people left behind to continue suffering the impacts of horrific violent crime for their own self-serving purpose is something even more distasteful. Not having anything of value to bring to the discussion they should really consider leaving it alone.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

Cops conclude search of property linked to missing boy, grandparents
JENNA MCMURRAY, QMI AGENCY
Jul 20, 2014, Last Updated: 5:36 PM ET

CALGARY -- Police have finished their search of a property they zeroed in on after a Calgary family disappeared.

Investigators were led to the rural acreage in northeast Airdrie through a tip about a green pickup truck.

They were looking for a Ford F-150 seen driving in the area from where Alvin and Kathryn Liknes and their five-year-old grandson Nathan O'Brien were reported missing June 30.

At the Airdrie property, police found a green truck matching the description and also took a man who lived there, 54-year-old Douglas Garland, in for questioning.

Garland was later arrested and charged with three counts of murder -- two first-degree and one second-degree -- in relation to the missing family, whom police now believe are dead, though no bodies have been recovered.

For more than two weeks,

The acreage was a major focus point in the investigation for more than two weeks, with heavy Calgary police and RCMP presence, including vehicles blocking the driveway from the road.

Grid searches were conducted on the property and in nearby rural areas.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2014/ ... 19996.html
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Thank you for that article, although it really adds nothing to the thread or addresses any recent comments.

Is this part of the thread where we just post articles with no comment?
On a different forum
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

speaking of conspiracies, what is it you are not sharing with us?

My only beef is the disservice you do to those still hurting from such awful crimes committed to their family and friends. Your nonsense is a slap in the face to them and those working tirelessly to help find justice and closure.

what are these 'crimes' you claim knowledge of but do not disclose?

i am sure the cps and rcmp, not to mention the family, would very much like to know.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

He's not claiming knowledge of any crime. He said "awful crimes committed to their family and friends" which is exactly what happened to the parents of Nathan O'Brien and his grandparents Alvin and Kathryn Liknes.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

so you both are aware. tell us, tell us please.

what happened?
T.Tsarnaev
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

You grasp on reality is slipping.

take a deep breath, let go of you conspiracy theories and go back and read this thread objectively, it's all there, the rest is your imagination, or "the voices", or whatever you want to call it.
On a different forum
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:
what are these 'crimes' you claim knowledge of but do not disclose?

i am sure the cps and rcmp, not to mention the family, would very much like to know.

Has there ever been a crime that the police have investigated that you do not think is a cover up, because it seems every single police story that gets posted on here you do not believe what is reported. Every, single, one.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

goatboy, if it were members of your family missing, i would advocate for you/them, as i would for any child or victim.

the missing are not here to speak for themselves, and with the belief that they have been victimized, i advocate for them.
T.Tsarnaev
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:goatboy, if it were members of your family missing, i would advocate for you/them, as i would for any child or victim.

the missing are not here to speak for themselves, and with the belief that they have been victimized, i advocate for them.

You don't advocate for them you just criticize the police based on limited information provided by the media.

How come you never post "good job police for charging the individual in this heinous crime"? You always assume something has not been done correctly or something is being covered up. When every single post of yours is conspiratol in nature, you're agenda is very apparent and it is certainly not advocating for the victims.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

your observations are somewhat accurate, i do not generally praise the efforts of police, others are free to.

when i see an issue, then i comment, or question. oversight and accountability is lacking in our policing agencies, and i believe that is indisputable.

is praise for police lacking? is there a critical need to offer the police more support of the verbal/written variety? i do not think so.

given that the two week long search of the garland farm has failed to turn up proof of their theory of triple murder, it would seem they have been looking in the wrong place. if a victim was or victims were waiting for rescue and have now perished, that would be more tragic than what has currently been alleged to have occurred.
T.Tsarnaev
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:your observations are somewhat accurate, i do not generally praise the efforts of police, others are free to.

when i see an issue, then i comment, or question. oversight and accountability is lacking in our policing agencies, and i believe that is indisputable.

is praise for police lacking? is there a critical need to offer the police more support of the verbal/written variety? i do not think so.

given that the two week long search of the garland farm has failed to turn up proof of their theory of triple murder, it would seem they have been looking in the wrong place. if a victim was or victims were waiting for rescue and have now perished, that would be more tragic than what has currently been alleged to have occurred.

They perished at the house they were taken from.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:

Do you honestly think that the police would ignore that scenario unless there was some very compelling reason to do so?

I'm also not advocating for praise of the police but constant criticizing, second guessing and speculation based on the very small amount of information that the media presents is unhealthy and unwarranted. It also lessens your credibility when criticism is actually warranted. You know, the whole chicken little syndrome.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

'very small amount of information', critical to this incident and others.

it is obvious the police do not know where the missing are, and have passed on volunteer searchers, it seems that the cops' consideration for a survivour scenario is negligible if at all. considering that murder x 3 has been charged, that says they are not considering that scenario of a survivour or survivours at all.
T.Tsarnaev
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:'very small amount of information', critical to this incident and others.

it is obvious the police do not know where the missing are, and have passed on volunteer searchers, it seems that the cops' consideration for a survivour scenario is negligible if at all. considering that murder x 3 has been charged, that says they are not considering that scenario of a survivour or survivours at all.

You are correct, but you are dismissing that they have made these decisions based on far more information than you (or the media) have, so why do you feel compelled to question that decision?

Return to “Canada”