Native Compensation and Associated Benefits

WhenWhatWho
Banned

Re: Native Compensation and Associated Benefits

Post by WhenWhatWho »

driveangry wrote:Canada was already populated with FN living off the land for thousands of years.

Third world countries are suffering because of outside influence from other countries.

We do agree to disagree.

So, your OK with shutting off all water, power sewer and roads to the natives so they can live like their ancestors? If not, why?
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

WhenWhatWho wrote:
So, your OK with shutting off all water, power sewer and roads to the natives so they can live like their ancestors? If not, why?

Show me where I said it was Ok,

I already stated why a few posts back, go back and read it.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

driveangry wrote:Canada was already populated with FN living off the land for thousands of years.

You don't think their population would have grown?
They say you can't believe everything they say.
WhenWhatWho
Banned

Post by WhenWhatWho »

This post?

To even suggest that it be taken away now is irresponsible and completely ridicules now that the damage has been done, but not surprised considering the source.

LOL. What damage? The natives are the ones spouting off how they were better stewards of the land and were absolute angels. Why not go back to that life style without western technology and support then.

A proud person will take their future into their own hands and not rely on handouts from others.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

WhenWhatWho wrote:This post?

To even suggest that it be taken away now is irresponsible and completely ridicules now that the damage has been done, but not surprised considering the source.

LOL. What damage? The natives are the ones spouting off how they were better stewards of the land and were absolute angels. Why not go back to that life style without western technology and support then.

A proud person will take their future into their own hands and not rely on handouts from others.

Well then, start packing, and don't forget to take your technology with you.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what hAND outs?

you have no clue to the history of canada do you? because if you did , you would know first nations helped more than any european to get canada started as a country , then got herded up like cattle for their efforts , the problem statements like yours is it is borderline hate speech
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

the truth wrote:lol lol your killing me

lakevixen wrote: its silly to blame the people waiting for the feds to stop dragging their feet , get it all done and it becomes permanent history

As far as I'm concerned it's also silly to be fixated on treaty numbers and such to demonstrate wrongs, when there's no shortage of similar wrongs done to the rest of the people, you don't enter into the equation at all. Pretending natives are the only ones government ever speaks out both sides of their mouths too doesn't make it true.

The way I see it your main gripe is that government at some point said one thing and did another.

Seems to me there's a long list of such grievances and much of that not affecting natives.

Just off the top of my head wasn't income tax a temporary measure to raise funds for war efforts at the time? Last I looked we're still paying income tax, well except for the natives.

There's aspects of the British North America Act that have not been adhered to, so should we all collectively gripe about that? And how far do you figure it would get us?
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Just off the top of my head wasn't income tax a temporary measure to raise funds for war efforts at the time? Last I looked we're still paying income tax, well except for the natives.

first this is wrong or blatant lie , viewers can choose themselves . but then again when you include a whole race in something that is not true of the whole race we call that ? where is your proof every single first nation person does not pay income tax , or other taxes for that matter? where is your proof none them work , just looking for hand outs . third where is your proof this conflict has anything to do with me except as a canadian wanting the right thing done towards first nation peoples?

but really the facts are this wont go away until the treaties are settled , doesn't matter whether i like it or you like it , just way it is
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

lakevixen wrote:
but really the facts are this wont go away until the treaties are settled , doesn't matter whether i like it or you like it , just way it is

Perhaps when the rest of Canadians realize that to accept all the treaties could mean legally they'd have to pack up and move to a different province or country they might think twice about treaties. All bands in BC claim 35% more land than exists... the bands that recently got their land claims instantly gave everyone else the boots and don't even have to let the government onto their land, imagine all bands getting their claims and doing likewise. When the rest of Canadians find that anyone with any percentage of native blood has the option to become status and pay no taxes at the cost of billions of dollars to the rest of taxpayers, they might think twice about treaties. Giving 4% of Canadians that much power probably won't sit well with the Canadians who contribute to the economy.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Perhaps when the rest of Canadians realize that to accept all the treaties could mean legally they'd have to pack up and move to a different province or country they might think twice about treaties. All bands in BC claim 35% more land than exists... the bands that recently got their land claims instantly gave everyone else the boots and don't even have to let the government onto their land, imagine all bands getting their claims and doing likewise. When the rest of Canadians find that anyone with any percentage of native blood has the option to become status and pay no taxes at the cost of billions of dollars to the rest of taxpayers, they might think twice about treaties. Giving 4% of Canadians that much power probably won't sit well with the Canadians who contribute to the economy.

well see thats where you are wrong , when this mess gets fixed , there wont be any status except canadian , the bands in bc are not claiming more land that exists , and neither is any other band in canada lol . as far as who they allow or not , do you allow anyone in your house with out permission? if you inherited land from your parents or grand parents and there was oil on your family land would you want a cut ? or would you just give it away?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

lakevixen wrote:

well see thats where you are wrong , when this mess gets fixed , there wont be any status except canadian , the bands in bc are not claiming more land that exists , and neither is any other band in canada lol . as far as who they allow or not , do you allow anyone in your house with out permission? if you inherited land from your parents or grand parents and there was oil on your family land would you want a cut ? or would you just give it away?

Are you saying that the treaties mention that everyone should be equal? Any links? As far as allowing people in your country, which countries CAN'T you move to and become equal citizens with the indigenous people? Maybe they want the option to sing "this land is my land, this land is my land" but relatively speaking, that's VERY greedy. BTW, if you do move to a different country, it doesn't allow you access to everyone's homes... just like here.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol never answered any my questions , the whole idea of the treaties being settled is to get rid the indian act , so they can control their own future as canadians , not the federal goverment, which is what happens now, they have no choice but to ask the feds for money , it is the way the indian act works . when the leaders talk and give speeches on how this should get worked out , listen to what they say , not just see someone who you may perceive as a freeloader , listen to what the vision really is .

after doing my own research , i went from seeing wagon burners to seeing fellow canadians , all i had to do was open my eyes
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

lakevixen wrote: they have no choice but to ask the feds for money

Yes they do, they could become like the rest of Canadians. There are natives who do this already, it just takes some effort.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 25th, 2014, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attacked and language removed.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

I think a big bowl of fish soup is needed here to calm everyone's nerves.
Careful though, it tends to pack on the pounds!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Canada”