No visa for these Mexicans

I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: No visa for these Mexicans

Post by I Think »

You obviously have little experience with Mexico.
Many of the local police can barely read.
Few adults can use a computer, except in the cities.
You still have not addressed the draconian overnight imposition of the visa requirements.
We're lost but we're making good time.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Nibs wrote:You obviously have little experience with Mexico.
Many of the local police can barely read.
Few adults can use a computer, except in the cities.
You still have not addressed the draconian overnight imposition of the visa requirements.

these people most likely are not applying for tourist visa . Mexico has so much violence via uncontrolled by civil law
other countrys need a system of checklist to make sure the dredges of mexico hopefully do not enter Canada hence they have a visa system.I for one certainly support and understand the visa requirement.I do not support the way the visa application is implemented(approved)
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I don't believe, had the visa system been implemented in a different way, there would be a major issue with it. It was done basically overnight with no warning, causing countless problems for them. So far as violence in Mexico (where I lived, anyhow) it was between drug people...drug people killing drug people...very little daily violence/murders robberies and such, etc amongst the general population as there is here on a daily basis. And what most do not realize is that likely 70% of the population there are hard working, honest individuals. In 10 years there we had never been broken in to, robbed assaulted or even treated badly or with disrespect...here, within the first months we were broken into and robbed. Yet, the "dredges" of this Canadian society are allowed to visit Mexico with no visa requirement.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

People in Canada are upset because the Mexican's were not informed in some ritualistic way about a change in OUR laws?

It is not the fault of Canada at all, or the Canadian authorities. It is totally the fault of the businesses that are into ticket sales. It is there responsibility to inform the individual what they must do to travel

But as we know it is more about taking the money than doing it legal in some parts of the world.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

If you are going to require a visa......... and that is not a big problem for me, give 90 days notice that it is coming.
Administer the damn thing with some thought and care. GW harper does not know how to do those.
We're lost but we're making good time.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

I will agree with you that the Harper government is not doing us any favors in a ton of areas. But how much notice and how it was given out is not his call and really I doubt the process was just popped out. There would have been notice. Maybe there is something online that can give more insight on how it was rolled out to the outside world.
But again who really cares as the communications in many countries sucks the big one at the best of time and not everyone pays attention to the news, especially news from foreign countries.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Found this:
News and Notices
New Canada Visa Application Centres open in Mexico

VFS Global as a part of a contract awarded by Government of Canada will provide Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) services to applicants wishing to travel to Canada. As per the contract, VFS Global will establish a robust worldwide network of up to 125 CVACs.

This global network of CVACs will provide increased access and enhanced administrative services to applicants through a consistent service delivery approach, which will also support biometrics implementation.

VFS Global manages the Canada Visa Application Centres (CVAC) in Mexico operated by VISA FACILITATION SERVICES MÉXICO, S. DE R.L. DE C.V in Mexico city, Guadalajara and Monterrey.
The CVAC provide exclusive service for the Government of Canada, and are authorised to accept applications in all temporary resident categories (visitor visas, study and work permits) and travel document applications from Canadian permanent residents in Mexico.

The CVAC are authorised to provide administrative support services, such as the collection of visa applications, fees and return of passports in sealed decision envelopes to applicants. The CVAC can also assist in scheduling interviews on behalf of the Canadian visa office.

The decision to issue or refuse a visa is made solely by immigration officers of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), in accordance with Canada’s immigration visa rules and guidelines. The CVAC has no role or influence over the outcome of an application and will not offer any evaluative advice.

The use of CVACs is voluntary. Such service may also be obtained directly from CIC by using CIC’s Online Application (E-Apps) system.

With the new facility offered by the CVAC, applicants can benefit from a host of facilities and additional services such as:

Conveniently located and easily accessible Canada Visa Application Centres
Longer operating hours allowing applicants to visit at a time of their convenience
Convenient and spacious waiting areas with modern facilities
Professional and responsive staff dedicated to handle visa queries and applications
Dedicated website for easy access to information including visa types, requirements and check-list, biometrics, applicable fees and application status
Dedicated call centres and email support to answer queries and status of application
Tracking of application status
Secure handling of passports, documents and personal information

For more information, please visit www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Mexico

So if your "friend" has not heard yet I would contact the vfsglobal.ca peeps to start with.

Outsourcing... hate it but it is the Harper way! Another level and from the sounds of it applications just MIGHT be stuck on a desk somewhere.....
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Nibs wrote:Telephoned my Mexican friends to see if they were coming to canada for a visit. They are unable to get visas.
These people are retired TelMex employees, they are quite well off, they drive a late model pickup and a late model van, own their home and just built a spec house and sold it. (I say this so that you can rest assured that they are not coming to take anyones job)
They have no trouble entering the US which they do once or twice a year.
They began trying to get a visa about 10 months ago and as of yet have not received one.
I do not have a problem with canada wanting a visa for entry, I do have a problem with the way the visa program was introduced overnight, and with the fact that the visa granting agency is not keeping up to date.

If I were you I would go to global news and have them find out why the visa was denied

Return to “Canada”