No visa for these Mexicans

wanderingman
Übergod

Re: No visa for these Mexicans

Post by wanderingman »

omisimaw wrote:There was no mistake made. The current processing time in the embassy/consulate in Mexico for a visitor visa is 21 days.

If a foreigner has not received their visa in the time frames indicated by the Canadian government then they need to contact them to see what is missing or wrong.

Not hard to figure out, especially if you read their website and all the information you are required to prior to applying.

yes except its the Canadian consulate not the Mexican(you said Mexican) and its Canada that,s in the 21 day time frame not mexico(you said mexico) all I asked was correct your wording so everyone will understand

Example you wrote quote:Mexico is currently running a processing time for visitors from Mexico in 21 days

I think its really CANADA is currently running a processing time for visitors from Mexico in 21 days
what I cant understand is how you don't get it???
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

wanderingman wrote:yes except its the Canadian consulate not the Mexican(you said Mexican) and its Canada that,s in the 21 day time frame not mexico(you said mexico) all I asked was correct your wording so everyone will understand

Example you wrote quote:Mexico is currently running a processing time for visitors from Mexico in 21 days

I think its really CANADA is currently running a processing time for visitors from Mexico in 21 days
what I cant understand is how you don't get it???

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Aug 11th, 2014, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic comment.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

So can anyone explain why the Visa requirement for Mexicans was so rudely implemented with zero notice?
People with at the airport holding tickets for Canada, were told they had to get a visa..... no notice of the change was ever given in advance. This is our good govt at work.
What other nationalities have to supply a letter from Canadians before they can get a visa.
Who is the idiot in charge of this inanity?
We're lost but we're making good time.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Nibs wrote:So can anyone explain why the Visa requirement for Mexicans was so rudely implemented with zero notice?
People with at the airport holding tickets for Canada, were told they had to get a visa..... no notice of the change was ever given in advance. This is our good govt at work.
What other nationalities have to supply a letter from Canadians before they can get a visa.
Who is the idiot in charge of this inanity?

the visa makes total sense to me and there,s nothing wrong with a letter of support although it should not be a requirement but a simple aid.The process is the tainted part. we have the wrong people involved in the process.This application should be judged by a panel and not at the whim of the person reading and processing the application
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Is there another nationality that has to jump through the same hoops.
Mexico is a fellow member of NAFTA.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Nibs wrote:Is there another nationality that has to jump through the same hoops.
Mexico is a fellow member of NAFTA.

when I looked on the VISA application site there was at least 29 countrys that have to follow the same procedure
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

There is a link a page or so back that I supplied that will take you to the online information. Lots of countries have always been required to have a visa and there are just new ones that have been added.
The letter is only required when the person is stating that they are coming to see someone in Canada and even then not always.. normally the visa officer needs to see the letter to prove that the friend exists and that they are prepared to provide care and support during the visit.
This is not a Canada only requirement .... there are lots of countries in this huge world that are far stricter in there entry requirements and have limit offices where a person can apply, some which require you to appear in person.
As to the idea of a panel reviewing applications that is just not doable and not necessary. Visa officers are not looking at these applications and going oh he looks okay and yah this one looks shady. The applicant has the right to appeal if they are declined and the officer would have to provide proof of the allegation of inadmissibility or the person's application would be approved.
Yes they do have discretionary powers but those are the same as any peace officer and that delegated authority is part of their job description. These are trained legal professionals who are protecting our country. They are serving the public on foreign soil and do a very important job protecting our country ....

not everyone claiming to be a visitor really has that goal in mind!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Mexicans, both in government and the general public, were shocked and offended by the announcement, especially by the absence of advance notice or formal consultation. They did not receive any warning and were not included in any discussion of the possibility of this new immigration policy. Mexican officials reacted strongly, threatening to impose similar documentation for Canadians traveling to Mexico. However, it was a threat that they simply could not afford. Every year 1,300,000 Canadians travel to Mexico, principally as tourists. Today Canadians are still exempt from requiring a visa to enter Mexico, and are officially welcomed with open arms, as the money brought in through tourism is vital to the Mexican economy. Although Canadians who enter Mexico receive a tourist visa of six months upon entry, Mexicans must apply in advance and must pay for the visa. To obtain a Temporary Resident Visa Mexicans must prove that their stay will be temporary, that they will indeed leave Canada at the end of their proposed stay. However the Canadian Immigration Officer who reviews the applications has a list of eleven reasons that they may state in order to deny the visa under this one provision of the certainty of the individual returning to Mexico. Mexicans when applying for the visa must also prove they have sufficient funds to cover their stay in Canada, that they are in good health, have no criminal record and that they do not pose any security threat. There a number of forms and supporting documents that may be required depending on the situation of the individual, resulting in a lengthy and costly process for many
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

It has long been the practice of the rulers (esp right wing) to keep the people frightened of, and apart from other nationalities. It makes the rulers/politicians positions much more secure.
Nationality, race, religion, language and politics are just a few of the devices they rely upon.
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

However the Canadian Immigration Officer who reviews the applications has a list of eleven reasons that they may state in order to deny the visa under this one provision of the certainty of the individual returning to Mexico.

When I lived in mazatlan, the people working in the consulate were not Canadian, they were Mexican. Don't know about the actual embassy.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

"
Xia33" However the Canadian Immigration Officer who reviews the applications has a list of eleven reasons that they may state in order to deny the visa under this one provision of the certainty of the individual returning to Mexico.

When I lived in mazatlan, the people working in the consulate were not Canadian, they were Mexican. Don't know about the actual embassy.

those people are not involved in the Visa approval or disapproval
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

omisimaw wrote:
So what is your point other than a slapping motion at persons from Iraq?

My point is that Canada should stop letting in "refugees" from Somalia, Iraq, China and everywhere else. We should stop sending "humanitarian" money to other countries. We have tons of people born and raised of MANY ethnicities already in Canada who cannot get jobs and who could use some humanitarian cash of their own to feed and shelter them. Let's clean up our own mess first.

We should not close our borders to paying tourists like the people mentioned here... we should embrace their tourist dollars, instead of denying them.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

My point is that Canada should stop letting in "refugees" from Somalia, Iraq, China and everywhere else. We should stop sending "humanitarian" money to other countries. We have tons of people born and raised of MANY ethnicities already in Canada who cannot get jobs and who could use some humanitarian cash of their own to feed and shelter them. Let's clean up our own mess first.

We should not close our borders to paying tourists like the people mentioned here... we should embrace their tourist dollars, instead of denying them.

[/quote]
I am 100% in agreement with you.I cant believe how many times I said the same thing.The 500 million that A$$$hole harper commited to Haiti several years ago still burns my butt and look how that turned out
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

However the Canadian Immigration Officer who reviews the applications has a list of eleven reasons that they may state in order to deny the visa under this one provision of the certainty of the individual returning to Mexico.

So. Eleven reasons under only ONE of the provisions ONE person CAN choose to deny a visa. As usual, nothing in black and white...all grey areas left to the discretion of one person. We knew a couple in Alberta (farmers) a few years back that reviewed immigrant applications for the government, hired by the government and paid by the government. That is a fact, albeit a ridiculous one. Believe it ....or not.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

omisimaw wrote:
So what is your point other than a slapping motion at persons from Iraq?

fvkasm2x wrote:My point is that Canada should stop letting in "refugees" from Somalia, Iraq, China and everywhere else. We should stop sending "humanitarian" money to other countries. We have tons of people born and raised of MANY ethnicities already in Canada who cannot get jobs and who could use some humanitarian cash of their own to feed and shelter them. Let's clean up our own mess first.

Ah then you raise some very interesting points worthy of their own thread indeed but have zit to do with the visitor status and visa issuance.

No it is not a just because you have a fist full of dollars should you be allowed entry here. Not in the Canada I call home. If you are a crook at home you will be a crook here and it does not matter how long that is for a day or a lifetime.

If a person is denied a visa there is a reason, and their is a process the officer follows. This officer is Canadian and the people that are seen, the locals that are employed at the embassies and the consulates do not have delegated authority of any real value or level.

The applications are received and processed in the order in which received. If an officer or administrative person, the initial view, is not satisfied with the application it goes down one stream, if it is satisfactory on initial viewing it goes down another stream.

It is not just a one person open the envelope and either stamp go or deny and say no process.

It is not even that way when you arrive at the border and request to enter, so why would you think it is any different in paper?

IF after going through approximately 3 levels of processing the person is denied, they are notified and they are given the reason in writing as to why. They are also provided with information to appeal (if the situation permits).

Return to “Canada”