No visa for these Mexicans

I Think
Walks on Forum Water

No visa for these Mexicans

Post by I Think »

Telephoned my Mexican friends to see if they were coming to canada for a visit. They are unable to get visas.
These people are retired TelMex employees, they are quite well off, they drive a late model pickup and a late model van, own their home and just built a spec house and sold it. (I say this so that you can rest assured that they are not coming to take anyones job)
They have no trouble entering the US which they do once or twice a year.
They began trying to get a visa about 10 months ago and as of yet have not received one.
I do not have a problem with canada wanting a visa for entry, I do have a problem with the way the visa program was introduced overnight, and with the fact that the visa granting agency is not keeping up to date.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Xia33
Übergod

Re: No Visa for these Mexicans

Post by Xia33 »

I, too, have friends that cannot get a visa. They have travelled previously and the same situation..home owners, teachers well to do and zero intention to move here. It is really sad.
matai
Banned

Post by matai »

As there's always two sides to a story, I'm sure our government had a reason for refusing the visa.

Reason probably was on the denial letter as well...
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

harper thinks mexico is part of palestine is my bet
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Nibs wrote:Telephoned my Mexican friends to see if they were coming to canada for a visit. They are unable to get visas.
These people are retired TelMex employees, they are quite well off, they drive a late model pickup and a late model van, own their home and just built a spec house and sold it. (I say this so that you can rest assured that they are not coming to take anyones job)
They began trying to get a visa about 10 months ago and as of yet have not received one.
I do not have a problem with canada wanting a visa for entry, I do have a problem with the way the visa program was introduced overnight, and with the fact that the visa granting agency is not keeping up to date.

REALLY?? I never knew such a cdn rule was inforced??. I thought most anyone could get a short time limit visa to visit Canada?? Seems odd we can Vist Mexico without a visa(sort of) as u buy a tourist card when u go more than 75 miles inside the border but you simply fill out a form and pay 20$US no questions or requirements etc 10 minute deal

I checked out a VISA application and found out your friends need to have you write a letter of recommendation
Did you or them not know that? NO letter no entry!!

Document: Invitation Letter

You must provide a letter of invitation from the person inviting you to Canada. The letter must be written by the host and should have specific information about the host and invitee.

The letter should state the purpose and length of the visit, the nature of the relationship between you and the host, the contact information of the host, etc.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

But if you show up on in a shipping container Canada will not only give them a Visa they will give them a Mastercard and a welcome to Canada T-shirt.
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

matai wrote:As there's always two sides to a story, I'm sure our government had a reason for refusing the visa.

Reason probably was on the denial letter as well...

For my friends, it is not that they have been refused, it is that they have to jump through so many hoops and the time frame and travel required to apply is ridiculous. It makes it very difficult to run the gamut, so to speak. The people that work in the consulates live there and enjoy the Mexican way of life and the beautiful climate (as do many many other Canadians) and yet, in my experience, have a bit of a "holier than thou" attitude.
Canada made this law to stop people from travelling here, then claiming refugee status and because they feel that Mexico is a thoroughfare for other countries' citizens wanting to come to Canada. It has put a strain on the relationship between Mexico and Canada. They say anyone who has travelled to Canada in the last 10 years can apply for an expedited visa....but that isn't well known there, and would apply to my friends IF they knew about it. I really wonder if, when Canada has their week of "come to Canada for work and education", the people are given the opportunity for expedited visas. Lol
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/index.asp

Most of the time it is just a case that we do not really know all there is to know about "friends".
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

omisimaw wrote:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/index.asp

Most of the time it is just a case that we do not really know all there is to know about "friends".

Oh, bs. "Most of the time"? Many "less than desirable" beings from Canada travel the world, especially Mexico. I lived as neighbors with this family for 5 years. They are your proverbial hard working, honest, upstanding citizens who, 5 years ago travelled here and returned to their home with zero issues. Now the hoopla necessary for them to acquire a visitors visa to Canada is ridiculous. Not everyone wants to live here, and the few that I know that have come, have changed their minds once here.
Not knowing who your neighbors really are happens here as well.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Nibs needs to come on and answer my question.He or she said they phoned there friends to see if they were coming
He or She has to supply a letter of recommendation IF they have not done so there will be no Visa its not complicated here now just pay attention
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

it is not necessary for a letter of recommendation, although it may speed up the process as in the fourth requirement below.

Steps for applying for a Canadian Temporary Resident Visa
In order to qualify, applicants have to satisfy Canadian Visa officers at their Consulates or Embassies that they are suitable candidates for the Visa. What Visa Officers are required to consider in making decisions whether to grant or deny Visitor Visa applications as as follows:

Whether the applicant will return to his or her home country after their visit to Canada is complete.
Whether they have sufficient ties to their home country as grounds for leaving Canada on time.
Whether they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their visit to Canada.
Whether they have a place to stay in Canada during their visit.
The intended duration of their visit and whether they have visited Canada in the past.

Each of these above factors are carefully evaluated before making a decision. Therefore applicants who tend to be successful with their Canadian visitor visa applications include documentation and information that shows how and why they qualify under these factors. Information such as ties to their home country such as family, employment, savings etc are often crucial in determining the outcome of a Visa application. Generally, a well-documented, carefully prepared application has a much better chance of success than does an application hastily assembled.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Xia33 wrote:it is not necessary for a letter of recommendation, although it may speed up the process as in the fourth requirement below.

Im sorry to say but your very wrong A letter of recommendation is required and will in ALL CERTAINTY speed up the visa process I will assume when you said a temporary resident visa you really meant 6 month visitor Visa?
I did a mock application today and it definetly stated a letter was one of the requirements
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Andrea Janus
CTVNews.ca
Published Monday, May 12, 2014 11:43AM EDT

The federal government is making it easier for some Mexicans to travel to Canada, but will not scrap a controversial visa requirement that has led to a strained relationship between the two countries.

Under a new program called CAN+, Mexican nationals who have travelled to Canada or the United States within the last 10 years will be eligible for expedited visa processing.

The program will speed up visa processing for an estimated 50 per cent of Mexican nationals travelling to Canada, Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander said Monday in a statement announcing the initiative.

In a six-month pilot project testing the program, visas were issued within seven days, and more than 95 per cent of applications were approved.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/new-visa ... 1.1817612#
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

To visit Canada, you must:
•have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
•be in good health,
•convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country,
•convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
•have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. it depends on things like how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.)

You may also need a:
•temporary resident (visitor) visa, depending on your citizenship (see Find out if you need a visa),
•medical exam and
•letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Nibs wrote:Telephoned my Mexican friends to see if they were coming to canada for a visit. They are unable to get visas.

this tells me you people lied on the application or filled it out incorrectly
quote:In a six-month pilot project testing the program, visas were issued within seven days, and more than 95 per cent of applications were approved.

Return to “Canada”