Target regrets opening in Canada

matai
Banned

Target regrets opening in Canada

Post by matai »

Target Corp. regrets opening so many stores so quickly in Canada

From the start, customers complained about higher prices in Canadian stores compared with U.S. locations, empty shelves and a lack of assortment of products.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/target-c ... -1.1967662

Interesting, nowhere I see "thank you" to their customers for shopping there. Basically, reading this article, my comprehension is that we Canadians are nothing more than a money grab to another American corporation who cares nothing about our country but making profits out of it.

Your thoughts.
Frisk
Guru

Re: Target regrets opening in Canada

Post by Frisk »

Last edited by Frisk on Nov 23rd, 2020, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

target sucks anyway
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

The article wasn't written by Target, so it wouldn't be an appropriate means to deliver messages to their customers.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Daspoot
Übergod

Post by Daspoot »

Sorry Target, We have to stop seeing each other, it's not you, it's me. (but it's really you)
On a different forum
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

Quailize wrote:I don't like having all these American corporations moving into Canada, it makes me feel like I'm living in the States, which is a feeling I really don't want.

wait till you see a tesco's or other European companies after the trade agreement. oh.....and your prescriptions were sold out to cost more in the process.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Meh. I still think they'll do good here eventually.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I got some crazy deals this week at target, $50 brand name items for $10-$15. Just saying
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

What does Target give us that Wallyworld doesn't? Nothing. They offer the consumer no competitive advantage to stop in. In fact, they've done the opposite. Their selection is dismal. Shelves are poorly stocked. Prices are usually a bit higher than Walnuts. They offer no real grocery department. So why should I switch stores? If Target wants to succeed they need a different approach. They need to offer something the competition doesn't have or offer better prices to make the switch worth while.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I see no point in going out of my way to shop there if they can't offer me better prices or things I couldn't get elsewhere.
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Lady tehMa wrote:I see no point in going out of my way to shop there if they can't offer me better prices or things I couldn't get elsewhere.

Exactly, and Castanet provide price comparison without having to drive & look. http://www.castanet.net/shopping-central/
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Quailize wrote:I don't like having all these American corporations moving into Canada, it makes me feel like I'm living in the States, which is a feeling I really don't want.

So what do you want - all of these companies to close down, fire all of their employees and leave Canada? So how I am supposed to find any good burgers?
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

sooperphreek wrote:
wait till you see a tesco's or other European companies after the trade agreement. oh.....and your prescriptions were sold out to cost more in the process.

You know that the majority of us aren't stupid, and so know what you just wrote above is complete nonsense right? You get that right?
Not afraid to say "It".
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

The thread title is misleading. The company did not say they regretted opening in Canada, it said they regretted opening so many stores at once. Leave it to the lefties though to twist and distort.
The reality is that Target stepped up to the plate with significant investment in this country and filled the void of another discount retailer.....Zellar's. So go ahead you no minds, trash Target in their initial year, destroy their business with your criticism, and then come back here next year and start a thread about how much higher Walmart prices are after you have destroyed the competition that forced them to compete for your dollars.
Who do you think is going to be the competition to fill the failure of Target so many of you seem to hope for? Harrod's?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Personally I would rather Zeller's hadn't closed. Every time we have gone to Target looking for something we have walked out disappointed.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Canada”