Tina Fontaine

normaM
The Pilgrim

Tina Fontaine

Post by normaM »

And the many other women who have been killed, Native and non native. We mourn the lost of the famous yet we don't seem to quick to pressure the Premiers to have major focus on what is happening.
15. She might have become famous, instead they pulled her body from the river. Read the stats, shocking.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Triple 6

Re: Tina Fontaine

Post by Triple 6 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.2741842

here's a link. What a horrible, sad, tragic story.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

What a shame and I sure hope they catch the killer.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

ya so some loser judge can give him 3 years in jail
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

“The systems — everything — involved in Tina’s life failed her. We’ve all failed her. We as a nation need to do better for our young people. All of us,” said Sheila North, grand chief of Manitoba Keewatinowi Okimakanak, an organization that represents northern Manitoba First Nations.

Where do you start? When you read the story of this young lady it makes you ask just where do you start? It used to be a child was raised by Auntie if Mom was unable or in some cases not capable. This Auntie failed, no one interjected.

If she was removed by the Social Workers, then what? Is this the right choice? Could it have made the difference?
What are the alternatives, it is not working obviously, and I am not meaning the Court system.

Valentina Duck, Tina Fontaine’s mother, yells at media as she leaves the law courts with an unidentified man after the jury delivered a not-guilty verdict in the second-degree murder trial of Raymond Cormier, Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS/John Woods

Again, wash my hands Valentina, where were you as a Mother and a parent no one is accountable and we will place blame on everyone else but accept responsibility for our lack of action.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the only people that failed her was her family, to bad they cared more about this poor girl after she was dead then before, on one hand they hate the system and on the other had they blame everyone except themselves, i expected nothing less

it is sick that this guy gets to walk

rip tina fontaine
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
abraham
Fledgling

Post by abraham »

At the end of the article it says "Canada is failing our indigenous people", cmon now! This pour girl got murdered and that's absolutely terrible but bringing up the indigenous card has absolutely nothing to do with her death or what happened! Standing out in front of the court house with signage like it's a pipeline protest or something, theirs a time and place for that but Canada has nothing to do with some lowlife killing this poor girl!!!

Return to “Canada”