Alberta Oilsands - Shuts out First Nations.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Alberta Oilsands - Shuts out First Nations.

Post by Ken7 »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/121 ... f-oilsands

I found this interesting, I guess in Alberta they have learned to just say "No!"

Maybe it's the cowboy mentality, but will have to see if it works.

Six aboriginal groups near Alberta's oilsands are wondering where they can voice their concerns about growing development after the government said they shouldn't be heard at a precedent-setting review of the province's environmental plans for the area.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: alberta Oilsands - Shuts out First Nations.

Post by the truth »

now here is a real reason, for first nations people in alberta to be upset about.how many local alberta politicians were paid off for this to be ok???? i can see an other oka type standoff in the future
Last edited by the truth on Aug 26th, 2014, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Its funny reading that , I've worked along side many FN people and with FN owned companies in AB and have heard nothing but good things about how its going . If it wasn't for oil and gas development up in that hell hole frozen blob of muskeg , you know what they'd all be doing ? Exactly .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Alberta Oilsands - Shuts out First Nations.

Post by the truth »

lots of truth to that also
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

xjeepguy wrote:Its funny reading that , I've worked along side many FN people and with FN owned companies in AB and have heard nothing but good things about how its going . If it wasn't for oil and gas development up in that hell hole frozen blob of muskeg , you know what they'd all be doing ? Exactly .

Funny but isn't that area their native hunting grounds....
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ken7 wrote:Funny but isn't that area their native hunting grounds....

Well they are hunting the big Bucks and they found them.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

gooooooooood one,lol,lol,lol
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

It is possibly a good thing that they are being kept away from some areas.
I have just heard that some of the oil that is coming up is laced with radioactive material.
Counts are multiple times higher than the background radiation that is considered normal.

Possibly from nuclear testing in the Cold Lake Weapons range a number of years ago.
(Don't ever let any one try to convince you that there has never been nuclear devices on Canadian soil.
There has been and there is probably still now.)

Reports of many people in full body suits with Geiger Counters checking out various pumping stations.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:It is possibly a good thing that they are being kept away from some areas.
I have just heard that some of the oil that is coming up is laced with radioactive material.
Counts are multiple times higher than the background radiation that is considered normal.

Possibly from nuclear testing in the Cold Lake Weapons range a number of years ago.
(Don't ever let any one try to convince you that there has never been nuclear devices on Canadian soil.

Reports of many people in full body suits with Geiger Counters checking out various pumping stations.

Sounds like an eco nuts interpretation of guys doing safety audits and checking for the possible presence of sour gas.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

NotNorthAnymore wrote:It is possibly a good thing that they are being kept away from some areas.

Do you have any links confirming this as sometimes it's natural?

http://www.nuclearsafety.gc.ca/eng/reso ... terial.cfm

What is NORM?

Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) (PDF)

Naturally occurring radioactive material (NORM) is material found in the environment that contains radioactive elements of natural origin. NORM primarily contains uranium and thorium (elements that also release radium and radon gas once they begin to decay) and potassium. These elements are naturally decaying and are considered a primary contributor to an individual's yearly background radiation dose.

Where can NORM be found?
NORM is often found in its natural state in rocks or sand. It can also be associated with oil and gas production residue (such as mineral scale in pipes, sludge and contaminated equipment), coal ash (produced from burning coal for energy production) and on filter media (such as the used filters from municipal drinking water treatment equipment). NORM can also be present in consumer products, including common building products (like brick and cement blocks), granite counter tops, glazed tiles, phosphate fertilizers and tobacco products.

Some industries may regularly come into contact with NORM - for instance, those engaged in the production of oil and gas, phosphate fertilizers, forest products and thermal electricity; mineral extraction and processing; tunneling and underground workings; metal recycling; waste management; and water treatment.

They say you can't believe everything they say.
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

twobits wrote:
Sounds like an eco nuts interpretation of guys doing safety audits and checking for the possible presence of sour gas.

This info is from a member of the crew that was there and works in the oil-patch.
The entire crew was told to move away from the area by management, so that they were not in the way.
The crew went up to a vantage point on one of the tanks and observed the testing and could see the Geiger counters/ radiation detectors in the hands of the techs doing the testing.
He has been working up there for more than 8 years and knows what sour gas testing is - he has done it himself.

The presence of military grade radiation at Cold Lake is known by many ex-members of the Canadian Military - some of whom are old enough to know where it all happened and "where the bodies are buried" so to speak.

The people I have my info from are not conspiracy nuts but they are tradesmen and engineers and have been/ are there.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I know for a fact that what you are saying is 100 percent correct and true
797hauler
Fledgling

Post by 797hauler »

This article is false.

The fort Mckay first nations owns one of the largest companies doing business in the oil sands. So the credibility of this article went out the window.

Return to “Canada”