Men only barber shop

Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Men only barber shop

Post by Symbonite »

**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Men's only Barbar Shop

Post by Lady tehMa »

I believe we should be allowed to have preferences. I know many women who feel "safer" at Curves because it is a women's only gym. So many with body issues that don't want men to see them in workout gear.

As for a men's only barber shop; why shouldn't they be allowed a place of their own? It isn't like there is a shortage of stylists. They are simply maintaining a long standing tradition, and should be allowed to do so. My husband and son see my stylist - who is a woman. In a salon. She gives them great haircuts.

We have so many options available, why do some look for the ones that are "off limits" and try to make a point?

Do you remember the lesbian who insisted a muslim barber had to give her a haircut? http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/02/22/rights-complaint-against-muslim-barber-who-refused-to-give-woman-haircut-quietly-resolved/ It was in the news for a while, and now it has been "quietly resolved" with "confidentiality agreements".
I haven't failed until I quit.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Men's only Barbar Shop

Post by Lady tehMa »

Moving this to the social concerns thread topic. . . .
I haven't failed until I quit.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Men only barber shop

Post by Treblehook »

Political correctness... the bane of our existence. This whole notion has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous and consistently stands in the way of truth and progress in facing/fixing problems within our society. Barber shops are darned near extinct these days anyway aren't they? Unisex shops have pretty much taken over, so now one must be coiffed by a hair stylist and pay way more for the same old trim [where you can find a stylist has the ability]. This debate over men's only barber shops is simply evidence of how hyper-sensitive some people are becoming. Who cares if a shop wants to cater to men only? Does it change the world one way or another. Not!!!
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Agreed. Razorbacks in West K. Not men only but pretty much understood.

Great guys.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Oh, and I just read the article about the haircut refusal and they must have used the wrong photo because that isn't a woman.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Oh, and I just read the article about the haircut refusal and they must have used the wrong photo because that isn't a woman.

You are being facetious of course????
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

"nope"
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

He was baited by a *bleep* disturber.
mijustin

Post by mijustin »

Interesting. I wonder how local shops (like Kelowna Barber and Gentlemens Shop & Shave) would deal with a request like this?

To me, it seems fine if a woman wants a traditional barber-style cut.

Return to “Canada”