The truth about missing aboriginal woman.

FreeRights
Guru

Re: The truth about missing aboriginal woman.

Post by FreeRights »

driveangry wrote: I have no problem with a business starting on a reserve that hires FN people.

Just to confirm, when you say this, are you stating that you don't have a problem with a business on reserve land discriminating against other races by only hiring First Nations?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

FreeRights wrote:Just to confirm, when you say this, are you stating that you don't have a problem with a business on reserve land discriminating against other races by only hiring First Nations?

That wasn't what I was saying, but no I wouldn't have a problem with it, just like I don't have a problem with a business in China that only hire Chinese.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

driveangry wrote:
That wasn't what I was saying, but no I wouldn't have a problem with it, just like I don't have a problem with a business in China that only hire Chinese.

A white business only hiring white?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Veering off track folks. Please get back on topic. Thanks.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Sadly another woman missing in Lac La Ronge Saskatchewan, when will they stop it.

AMBER ALERT IN PROGRESS.This is an activation of the Amber Alert system at the request of La Ronge RCMP.

The victim is Kayla Natomagan, a 17-year-old female from the Lac La Ronge First Nation. She is an Aboriginal female, 5 6 or 5 7 tall, 140 pounds, with long dark brown hair with highlighted gold tips and brown eyes. She has a fair complexion and her right ear is pierced at the top of the ear. She was last seen shortly after 3:00 a.m. at her residence on the Lac La Ronge First Nation on February 18, 2015. Investigators have not been able to determine what Kayla was wearing at the time of her abduction.

Police believe Kayla was abducted by Jonas Budd. He is an Aboriginal male, 59 tall, 170 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. He has several tattoos, including:

-Left forearm: bear paw
-Left calf: eagle head
-Left shin: ribbon with the name Nicole
-Upper torso, back: feathers

The suspect may be driving a grey, 2001 GMC Sierra 1500, extended cab, two-wheel drive with Saskatchewan plate 043 JEZ. At this point, the direction of travel is unknown. However, Jonas Budd has connections in the following Saskatchewan communities: Cumberland House, Pinehouse, Sturgeon Landing, and Prince Albert. He also has connections in Thompson, Manitoba.

Attached is a photo of a similar vehicle to the suspect vehicle and photos of Kayla Natomagon and Jonas Budd.

Based on information received in the initial call to police it is believed that Jonas Budd is armed and dangerous. Anyone who sees Jonas Budd or Kayla Natomagon is asked to immediately call 911. He is not to be approached as investigators believe he has a rifle with him.

Update -

Police have cancelled an Amber Alert after a 17-year-old Saskatchewan teen was found safe by officers with the Manitoba RCMP.

Police had feared for the safety of Kayla Natomagan, who they believed was “forcibly removed” from her home on the Lac La Ronge First Nation early Wednesday morning after a man was shot dead at the house.

Natomagan “was located safe and sound by members from the Cranberry Portage RCMP Detachment in Manitoba,” according to an RCMP news release.

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/amber-aler ... z3S7sujb6O
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

Here's where the greatest deceptions lay, in fact it truly amplifies posters biases.

The idea that the OP from the article deduces the issues as being solely FN because the bulk of the acts or aggression towards FN women are perpetrated from FN members. However, the issue is multi-layered, Police services tend to be less invested, less responsive FN issues, a fact well documented. just for arguments sake lets look at the case of John Crawford RCMP suspected him of murder, he was under surveillance, he beat and raped a FN women and the RCMP arrested the woman assaulted.

" In 1994, a hunter discovered human remains southwest of Saskatoon. John Crawford became a suspect. Police put him under surveillance for four months. During that time, he picked up Theresa Kematch, brutally beat and raped her, and dumped her on the street. Police picked her up, and promptly arrested her."
http://murderpedia.org/male.C/c/crawfor ... martin.htm

You see John Crawford was a serial killer, much of his actions went unpublished or unknown to the general Canadian Population... largely due to his victims being First Nation ancestry.
if you get a chance to read "Just Another Indian: A Serial Killer and Canada's Indifference"

It often baffles me than this issue is challenged with limited logic, I've seen arguments down playing the spotlight on Aboriginal Women in Canada murdered and missing. Yet this nation and others got pretty worked up when 100 Nigerian women went missing... yet in this Country somehow "its there fault" either the Women, the Communities, or the People.

when a population of people are considered disposable... and its acceptability is rationalized, then that mark, that blame that ownership of injustice is shared.

if witness a child being raped in the park and do nothing... you own some guilt. If you are aware of a woman being assaulted by her husband and do nothing ... you perpetuate and allow that wrong to exist.

You have now been made aware... if you do nothing, you carry some fault. If you use subterfuge and bigotry to avoid addressing the issue you are now an accomplice.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

yea your right, there are several posters on here that instead of debating how to end this, want to blame the victims , and i agree , big out cry when people not even in canada get murdered , but when it happens to fn , their response is nothing see here , just bunch of drinking indians . care to comment wandering?
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

lakevixen wrote:yea your right, there are several posters on here that instead of debating how to end this, want to blame the victims , and i agree , big out cry when people not even in canada get murdered , but when it happens to fn , their response is nothing see here , just bunch of drinking indians . care to comment wandering?

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Feb 18th, 2015, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

thanks for responding, could you please expand on your comment in more detail please , im open to being educated on this subject , i'm not exactly sure what you mean , ty in advance of your detailed response
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

lakevixen wrote:thanks for responding, could you please expand on your comment in more detail please , im open to being educated on this subject , i'm not exactly sure what you mean , ty in advance of your detailed response

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Feb 18th, 2015, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Try again w/o the personal attack.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Madhue wrote:Here's where the greatest deceptions lay, in fact it truly amplifies posters biases.

The idea that the OP from the article deduces the issues as being solely FN because the bulk of the acts or aggression towards FN women are perpetrated from FN members. However, the issue is multi-layered, ...

Most discussions on these threads involving First Nations issues reveal just how simplistic some people’s understandings generally are. It is sometimes funny to see how those with the strongest opinions on certain matters, in fact, know the least about those issues. In discussing First Nations issues here it is actually less funny and more sad. I tend to avoid these discussions because I find racism, whether a result of intent or ignorance, both sad and disturbing. Bye.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/1335731/live- ... nal-women/

I found this interesting regarding the actual number of missing woman in Canada. I was lead to believe that the numbers of Aboriginal woman were much higher and see it is incorrect.

Aboriginal women represent only 4.3 per cent of the total female population, yet 16 per cent of all female homicide victims are aboriginal.

Now the problem is, how can this be changed....
SassySasquatch
Board Meister

Post by SassySasquatch »

#MMIW #MMIM
"...always keep your mind and heart open." - Henry Fonda
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

lakevixen wrote:yea your right, there are several posters on here that instead of debating how to end this, want to blame the victims , and i agree , big out cry when people not even in canada get murdered , but when it happens to fn , their response is nothing see here , just bunch of drinking indians . care to comment wandering?

Vixen, there are more programs and money available to FN peoples than any other minority in Canada. And I do not object to that because there are plenty examples of injustice. Despite billions of dollars, we are sill debating how to end this. I think it is high time that FN leadership take on some accountability to both the Canadian Taxpayers shelling out the millions and their own membership. If you do not want to see even educated and moderate eyes roll back in our heads, as well as the rednecks that see "just a bunch of drinking Indians", then do something about it yourselves with the billions provided. If you don't like the negative portrait being painted, quit supplying the paint, the canvas and the subject. Ms fish soup diet provided enough canvass and paint to set FN people up for ridicule and cartoon fodder for 10 yrs. She did nada, squat, niet to make anyone more concerned about missing FN women or any other FN issue. Cuz when one wants someone to take them seriously, they don't create a circus.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im not going disagree two bits , but the thing is a proper inquest can bring changes that will be good for everyone , whites , fn , who ever else . the inquest into the death at the airport , made the top cops test the tazers , to discover higher than needed zaps coming out of many of them .

Return to “Canada”