Federal Comedy Club

matai
Banned

Federal Comedy Club

Post by matai »

Tue, Sep 23: NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair wanted to talk about Canada’s military mission in Iraq. Conservative MP Paul Calandra wanted to talk about a NDP fundraiser’s inflammatory comments about Israel. What followed was an utterly bizzare exchange which ended with Mulcair questioning the Speaker of the House’s integrity.

I'm still speechless at how the speaker allows such comedy to happen at the Chamber of Commons. (When the government is asked a question, should they answer it or send back off topic questions such as on this video?)

Not taking for conversatives or for npd, but: Thank you Mr. Mulcair for asking valid questions on behalf of all Canadians.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1578828/unre ... nt-in-iraq
matai
Banned

Re: Federal Comedy Club

Post by matai »

Update:
Speaker Andrew Scheer implored all Members of Parliament to “raise the quality of both questions and answers” during daily question period Wednesday, a day after the Opposition Leader challenged his neutrality in the House.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/after-fi ... -1.2022662
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

Wow, the level of dysfunction is stunning. The conservative mp looks like a goon defending a position with a ridiculous offence. The speaker will bring no order unless he ratchets up his strength 100 fold. Maybe he needs combat training for question period.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I thought the speaker was supposed to be impartial. Do you think this shows impartiality?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

Smurf wrote:I thought the speaker was supposed to be impartial. Do you think this shows impartiality?

Do I think the speaker is being impartial? I don't know.

But I understand part of his function is to maintain order as the speaker. Insisting that a simple question be responded to with a simple answer seems impartial to me.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.

Return to “Canada”