Edmonton Gasoline 39.9 cents per litre!

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Edmonton Gasoline 39.9 cents per litre!

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Last edited by LoneWolf_53 on Oct 8th, 2014, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Edmonton Gasoline 39.9 cents per litre!

Post by xjeepguy »

Dammit ! I was just in Fort Sask a half hour ago .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Been checking gas price websites so far none are showing that price, those getting that price good for you.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Complete *bleep* show from what I've heard.

They were only offering it 8 stores in Alberta total. They didn't tell you what stores and were only doing it for an hour.

Once they hit, people would use social media and the radio to get the word out... so you had HUNDREDS of people rushing to the 1 gas station in their city to fill out. It caused traffic issues and was confusing people on the road.

Then, apparently once you got to the pumps... it was only one pump and not the entire station. Most people didn't know this, so they waited in line at the wrong pump, only to find regular prices.

Hilarious... unless of course you were one of the suckers looking to save a few bucks!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

GordonH wrote:Been checking gas price websites so far none are showing that price, those getting that price good for you.

I believe it's only in Edmonton and there are eight Shell stations participating, from the sounds of it though they are randomly rotating which station has that price.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

fvkasm2x wrote:Complete *bleep* show from what I've heard.

They were only offering it 8 stores in Alberta total. They didn't tell you what stores and were only doing it for an hour.

Once they hit, people would use social media and the radio to get the word out... so you had HUNDREDS of people rushing to the 1 gas station in their city to fill out. It caused traffic issues and was confusing people on the road.

Then, apparently once you got to the pumps... it was only one pump and not the entire station. Most people didn't know this, so they waited in line at the wrong pump, only to find regular prices.

Hilarious... unless of course you were one of the suckers looking to save a few bucks!

Considering we are talking the petroleum industry that's not too hard to believe, though to my thinking if they are displaying the price to be 39.9 as is shown in the picture, then it should be deemed false advertising if in fact they are only doing it at one pump.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Considering we are talking the petroleum industry that's not too hard to believe, though to my thinking if they are displaying the price to be 39.9 as is shown in the picture, then it should be deemed false advertising if in fact they are only doing it at one pump.

Exactly, since the sign reads unleaded .399 should mean all unleaded pumps are that price. Wondering if this will actually backfire at Shell, I guess the PR department may have a job to do.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Poor fools who ended up having to pay $1.11... hey wait a minute...
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

fvkasm2x wrote:Complete *bleep* show from what I've heard.

One thing a person should ponder before jumping into their car to drive 50 km to save money on gas is, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

An oil company that is in the business of making money is not going to just hand out gas willy-nilly at a substantial loss to everyone that comes along.

Another thing to remember is that there's a sucker born every minute, and generally, these are the same people who never ponder the quote above.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
HeavyHauler
Fledgling

Post by HeavyHauler »

*removed* The promotion wasn't JUST in Edmonton, it was in Edmonton, Calgary, and Fort Saskatchewan. When that station's turn was up, ALL...and I repeat ALLLLLLLL Pumps were 39.9/L. Trust me, I know. I filled my Chevy 3500 up from empty for $40.00
*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Oct 8th, 2014, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic comments removed.
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

Hmm I wouldn't waste my time, hour wait all day at least I would say. Missing an hour of work makes up the difference in the little gas promo they had goin on...hey if you have the time and were in the right place at the right time awesome. I'm content with Edmonton gas prices for the most part anyhow.
Sure do love Rutland!!

Return to “Canada”