McDonald's serves rot gut coffee

Glacier
The Pilgrim

McDonald's serves rot gut coffee

Post by Glacier »

I hope you have all finished your morning coffee by now because...

Ron Morais of Fredericton says he got more than he bargained for when he picked up a cup of coffee from a local McDonald’s restaurant on his way to work.

He was contendedly [sic] sipping his coffee that he got Monday from the Prospect Street location until he got to the bottom of the paper takeout cup.

“I always take the lid off to get my last sip of coffee. And when I took the lid off, there was a little bit of a surprise in my coffee cup. It was a dead mouse,” Morais said.

Morais said that wasn’t all that was in the cup. He said the mouse left “a few little, shall we say, presents” at the bottom of it.

Morais then showed a few of his co-workers what he had found.

“Unless I had been there and seen Ron drink all that coffee down to the last drop, I would have been, like, 'You're lying,’” said one colleague, Brad Patterson.

Jennifer LaHaye, another co-worker who saw the mouse, recalls Morais’s reaction...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.2798389
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: McDonald's serves rot gut coffee

Post by GordonH »

Another good reason to make your cup of joe at home, besides being cheaper & tastes better.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Hmmm - sounds strangely familiar ...

http://youtu.be/pNRlcjz3acU

;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

yup...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I have trouble with this one. A coffee cup I believe is upside down when there is a pile of them. How does a dead mouse remain in the cup...

I'm thinking this is one more of those BS stories!

EDIT- Here's video..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.2798389
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ron Morais sounds a bit too similar to Rick Moranis, doesn't it. My guess is that someone was playing a joke Ron that got out of hand, probably the guy who said he would have thought he was lying through his teeth if he hadn't seen the mouse himself.
- Douglas Murray
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Remember guys and gals. Slander can be costly. Mcdonalds has a lot of high priced lawyers and stuff like this is not for good PR.
They could pounce on the writer and it could be costly.

Actually McDonalds has excellent coffee. A lot better than that "MUD" Starbucks calls coffee.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Oct 16th, 2014, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic comment removed.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Glacier wrote:Ron Morais sounds a bit too similar to Rick Moranis, doesn't it. My guess is that someone was playing a joke Ron that got out of hand, probably the guy who said he would have thought he was lying through his teeth if he hadn't seen the mouse himself.

Kinda agree. Pretty tough for what ever that is to sneak by. Just as easily could be an old cup from the trash someone took a picture of and they posted it as a joke.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Ken7 wrote:I have trouble with this one. A coffee cup I believe is upside down when there is a pile of them. How does a dead mouse remain in the cup...

Google "cup dispenser" and click on images and I see most of them are vertical bottom down. It could have been the last cup in the stack?
... although I'm still on the fence about it being legit or not.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

It wont be the first time someone put a Mickey in their coffee. :):)
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Canada”