Harper pipes up about polio

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Harper pipes up about polio

Post by Bsuds »

BelieveNothing wrote:how do you accidentally create polio?

My understanding of a vaccine is it consists of the dead virus. Would they not have to start the process with the live virus and then kill it?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

BelieveNothing wrote:
........And fancy - there are no accidents.

Nonsense. Of course there are.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Bsuds wrote:My understanding of a vaccine is it consists of the dead virus. Would they not have to start the process with the live virus and then kill it?

Good question
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bsuds wrote:
My understanding of a vaccine is it consists of the dead virus. Would they not have to start the process with the live virus and then kill it?

I would think so.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Fancy wrote:Nonsense. Of course there are.

Not on this chess board.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

A small minority of people have adverse reactions to vaccines... and millions of lives are saved. I have to wonder what kind of person would choose the deaths of millions over getting a simple shot.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

BelieveNothing wrote:Utterly heartbreaking, a brand new beautiful 11 month old baby - destroyed! A money settlement, yeah ok

I choose the heartbreak of one family over the heartbreak and destruction of millions of families. Would you rather have millions of children die?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

She had been confined to the 7ft, 750lb metal tube – which mostly remained in the living room of her parents' home 80 miles north-east of Memphis – since 1950, when she had fallen victim at the age of three to a severe case of "bulbo-spinal" polio.

This crippling disease, which has since been eradicated in the developed world through vaccination programmes, forced doctors to encase her in a sealed cylindrical metal container, which produced alternately positive and negative pressure that allowed her lungs to expand and contract. Although experts at the time gave her just a few years to live, Ms Odell remained lying on her back, with only her head extending from the mechanical device, for nearly six decades.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 36775.html

It costs upwards of $80,000 per year for this type of care. Vaccination programs work.

Introduction Prime Minister Stephen Harper today received the Rotary Foundation Polio Eradication Champion Award, for his longstanding support and continued leadership in efforts to eliminate polio around the world. The Prime Minister accepted the award at a ceremony hosted by the Canadian Rotary Foundation in Toronto. -
See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2014/10/18/pm- ... KaHbZ.dpuf
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Jonrox wrote:A small minority of people have adverse reactions to vaccines... and millions of lives are saved. I have to wonder what kind of person would choose the deaths of millions over getting a simple shot.

How do you KNOW this to be a fact, prove it.

Saved from WHAT? all the stories that run rampant on this planet?

Do you REALLY believe that if the human biological structure DID NOT receive scheduled vaccination shots from birth to the teen years that it would not make it to its 10th year?

Do you REALLY believe that the human body is THAT lame?

if so, your ignorance of the vessel in which you dwell is immense.
Last edited by BelieveNothing on Oct 24th, 2014, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Jonrox wrote:I choose the heartbreak of one family over the heartbreak and destruction of millions of families. Would you rather have millions of children die?

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Oct 24th, 2014, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic comment removed.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Covered up in plain sight

When Mick and Kirsten Button bravely went public with the story of how their daughter, Saba, had been profoundly brain-damaged by the flu vaccine in Western Australia last year, it was a decision that they thought long and hard about.

What finally made them decide to be vocal about their situation – a story they had kept quiet for over a year while they worked full time to keep their daughter alive and tried their hardest to enable her to recover – was the government’s intention to recommend flu shots for all children between 6 months and 5 years of age. Saba was 12 months old when she got her shot in a similar campaign last year – a campaign in which parents were not informed that their children were being used as guinea pigs with a brand new and untested vaccine.

This family who has been through so much, just wanted to make sure that parents knew what they themselves had gone through so that they could investigate this issue before choosing whether or not to vaccinate their own children against influenza. Health authorities this year are assuring parents that things will be different and that, as opposed to the vaccine last year which was supposed to be perfectly safe but was anything but – this years shot would not cause these problems.

Mick and Kirsten’s story is a precautionary tale – a story that all parents need to hear and that deserves broad national coverage.

With television coverage on Channel 9 and newspaper articles in a major West Australian newspaper, this story seemed ready to go national.

Enter the WA government which proceeded to put pressure on newspapers, leading to the story being pulled by several websites where it had previously been listed. The excuse given – legal issues.

Now granted, there is a court case pending on Saba’s injuries, but can you imagine the newspapers refusing to report on any other issue simply because there was court action pending?

For example, in the US recently, Toyota was forced to recall millions of cars because of faulty brakes. For years, they had denied that the deaths and injuries being caused in car crashes in which brakes had failed were their fault. Finally, due to a string of lawsuits, they were forced to issue the recall. Had the newspapers in the US given in to pressure from Toyota (and I’m not saying that Toyota exerted this kind of influence, this is merely an example), would the papers have listened and as a result, might the recall never have occurred and would people still be dying today because of the faulty brakes?

And a search of Google using the terms “lawsuit against the West Australian government” pulls up media articles on the first page alone regarding lawsuits by Aboriginal groups, a successful defamation case, the Dr Habib torture case and lawsuits against 2 hospitals in WA due to negligence in the deaths of children (unrelated to vaccination).

So pulling these articles simply because there was a lawsuit pending is nothing more then an attempt to stop the bad press that the medical community and the WA government are current copping – with good cause – due to their lack of a duty of care in last year’s flu vaccination campaign.

Will this year be any different? Since the same age group of children is being targeted and since we have not done any double-blind studies on this vaccine, nor have we tested it for either its safety or effectiveness in combination with the other vaccinations these children get in the real world, I see no reason to assume – as the government has – that this shot is any safer then the one last year that caused seizures in as many as 1 child in 100. And it takes more than platitudes from government flunkies to convince today’s savvy parents that this shot will be safe. Where are the studies? Where is the evidence. Before one more child is sacrificed before the idol of vaccines, we need to have independent information – not just lip service.

Parents need to know this information. The media needs to stop bowing to pressure and start doing their job of informing the public.
http://nocompulsoryvaccination.com/2011/04/04/covered-up-in-plain-sight/

I don't mean to derail the thread, to me vaccines are used as a weapon - perhaps they have (not for a long time) and can be used for good - but this is no longer the case as with most every aspect of our lives.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

BelieveNothing wrote:How do you KNOW this to be a fact, prove it.

Saved from WHAT? all the stories that run rampant on this planet?

Do you REALLY believe that if the human biological structure DID NOT receive scheduled vaccination shots from birth to the teen years that it would not make it to its 10th year?

Do you REALLY believe that the human body is THAT lame?

if so, your ignorance of the vessel in which you dwell is immense.

Millions of people died from the things vaccines prevent. Then we got vaccinations and people stopped dying.

Saved from things that kill humans. Like zombies.

Yes. Because our immune system can't fight everything. People die from all kinds of things that our body can't fight off before they kill us first. Vaccines give our body the experience of how to fight it. They make us stronger. So we can fight zombies.

Your lack of scientific knowledge is immense.

This of course is just the case for regular, run-of-the-mill humans. Mutants, superheroes, and the wealthiest 1% of humans are born with superior genes that make them immune to all disease.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Jonrox wrote:Millions of people died from the things vaccines prevent. Then we got vaccinations and people stopped dying.

Saved from things that kill humans. Like zombies.

Yes. Because our immune system can't fight everything. People die from all kinds of things that our body can't fight off before they kill us first. Vaccines give our body the experience of how to fight it. They make us stronger. So we can fight zombies.

Your lack of scientific knowledge is immense.

This of course is just the case for regular, run-of-the-mill humans. Mutants, superheroes, and the wealthiest 1% of humans are born with superior genes that make them immune to all disease.

In fact the human body is one of THE most incredible things in existence on this planet - you, along with many others have been taught the opposite of this fact.

You believe in science.

I know The Truth, I trust that one day you will too.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

BelieveNothing wrote:In fact the human body is one of THE most incredible things in existence on this planet - you, along with many others have been taught the opposite of this fact.

Where in the world did you get that idea? Regardless, polio is a crippling and potentially fatal infectious disease. There is no cure but a simple vaccine can prevent the devastating effects of polio.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

Fancy wrote:Where in the world did you get that idea? Regardless, polio is a crippling and potentially fatal infectious disease. There is no cure but a simple vaccine can prevent the devastating effects of polio.

I know this might come as quite a shock to you fancy, but I have a body - and I know.

Return to “Canada”