Driver Mows Down Soldiers

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Driver Mows Down Soldiers

Post by Treblehook »

Just an observation, but it seems like rather lazy journalism for this story of an event that occurred in Quebec, to have a picture of an RCMP vehicle displayed in connection with it. The RCMP don't do contract policing in Quebec, nor do they do any municipal policing. Just saying.....
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Driver Mows Down Soldiers

Post by GordonH »

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Roya ... _in_Quebec

Since members of Armed Forces are Federal, it makes sense to have Federal agency investigating.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Considering the photo is by Castanet staff I suspect it was just a convenient photo.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well one of the two persons hit just died-rip-- sad sad sad
wake up people ,these crazy muslim radicals live among us-rcmp says they have over 90 of them under serveillance in Canada, and yes they can be and are your next door neighbor
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

driver of the car is also dead,-at least he will never do it again
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
brounal
Board Meister

Post by brounal »

Good to see the driver dead and no money wasted on a trial.
This crazies have been in Canada for a long time. I have personal experience of a terrorist living in Canada years back. He was a sleeper cell living in a building that I was property managing in Regina . He was murdered in Edmonton and the theory is by his own after they figured he refused to carry out a "mission" . I think he came to like the people here. He lived here a long time. It was almost like a movie this incident. One day I went into his apartment forget the reason now and it was pretty weird. Not one personal picture. A bedroll ,black and white pawn shop tv. Table and chair. Never had company, no women, no guests and found out that mail was coming in a couple of different names. Guy drove taxi in Regina.
He was there several years always paid for rent in cash. Then one day he told caretaker goodbye and next thing we knew rcmp and few other agencies came buy with his picture and basically he was hit in head with something like a hammer and thrown out of a moving vehicle at high speed.

Sure there will be more incidents of this kind of thing in the future. No wonder we need passports and all this stuff now to go to US. We are pretty stupid in the past in regards to terrorist coming into our country . Course the home grown ones are much harder to stop.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Have any names or pictures been released yet of the driver ??
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Yes.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e21187200/
A Quebec man who used a car to run down two Canadian soldiers, killing one and injuring another, had been on an RCMP watch list for months as a possible Islamic extremist and his passport had been revoked when he tried to fly to Turkey in July.

The Mounties tried to explain on Tuesday how Martin Couture-Rouleau evaded their grasp, saying they had arrested and questioned the 25-year-old Quebecker at the airport in July, but released him because they had insufficient grounds to lay charges. Turkey, his planned destination, is a gateway for jihadis bound for Syria
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

they should release the names of everyone on the watchlist , so everyone can be aware
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lakevixen wrote:they should release the names of everyone on the watchlist , so everyone can be aware

The police couldn't hold this guy to start with, I can't imagine the uproar if names were released.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Crazy Christians kill far more people in this country than 'crazy Muslims.'

Crazy is crazy.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

They should be rounded up, put in concentration camps, and their property confiscated and sold.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

bob vernon wrote:They should be rounded up, put in concentration camps, and their property confiscated and sold.

Visions of Hitler come to mind here.

While something needs to be done, I don't think that would be a good choice.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

interesting how some people on here cop bash any chance they get and on the other hand. they want a police state and have peoples name on the rcmp watch list released
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:interesting how some people on here cop bash any chance they get and on the other hand. they want a police state and have peoples name on the rcmp watch list released

And they would sing a different song when they found out they were on the list.

Return to “Canada”