Ex-Mountie B.C. MP led barricading of caucus

Jonrox

Re: Ex-Mountie B.C. MP led barricading of caucus

Post by Jonrox »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:so two ex mounties barricaded the door. if they were actual mounties, as is certainly possible, did they break the law by barricading the door?

Dude, it was martial law and they're military. Therefore no laws were broken.
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Retired Doctors still have their Doctorate...

Retired Lawyers still have their Law degrees....

Retired Accountants are still have their Accounting degrees...

Retired Welders still have their Welding certifications...

Retired Airline Pilots are still Pilots...

I fail to see that guys point. A Police Officer that retires still has the training, but is a civilian. My guess is, he doesn't understand simple concepts and lives in a bubble of loathing and despair for others that are successful.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

and how would any of those present a conflict of interest?

governance has a little more impact, a greater level responsibility.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
atenbacon
Übergod

Post by atenbacon »

Upon further investigation it is clear that David Wilks is a retired RCMP officer.
You have to keep an open mind until it is proven one way or the other. You just can't take the T.V. or internet word on it.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So according to A_Britishcolumbian retired RCMP officers should not run for public office.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:and how would any of those present a conflict of interest?

Don't believe you thought this through very well. RCMP can be put in the same bracket as accountants and lawyers (i.e. crown counsel/lawyer - Canada Revenue Agency/accountant - Office of Public Safety/RCMP)
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

GordonH wrote:So according to A_Britishcolumbian retired RCMP officers should not run for public office.

but it is ok for any other retired peace officer .... so here is a little quiz, what if you start your peace office career as a RCMP then transfer out to let's say Edmonton PD and then again to Saanich PD where you retire having spent a whole working career in service.
Still being young in years and heart you decide you want to run for office, or even work as a civilian member... is it ok because you did not actually retire from the RCMP?
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:and how would any of those present a conflict of interest?

Fancy wrote:Don't believe you thought this through very well. RCMP can be put in the same bracket as accountants and lawyers (i.e. crown counsel/lawyer - Canada Revenue Agency/accountant - Office of Public Safety/RCMP)

Not to mention that many former members could easily be a lawyer, accountant, are CRA investigators, liquor control inspectors, transit police and on and on it goes.
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

*removed*
those other professions to do not carry with them a pledge of alegiance that is contrary to the mandate of an elected office.

a 'retired' member is not at all the issue. it is the lack of truth that statement presents that is the issue.

like amrik, a former member must leave, not be a member of, the rcmp at the very least upon getting elected.

not so long ago a full 2/3 of parliamentarians were lawyers. i am glad that has changed, but i do feel that there are far too many former police, it seems like there has been a mission. i realize that other factors have created this present day fact, and some of them are not good either.

but simply, the sworn allegiance of a current member of rcmp conflicts with the obligations that come with public office.
Last edited by Jo on Oct 30th, 2014, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Rookie B.C. Conservative MP David Wilks is far from the top of the pecking order when it comes to status and clout on Parliament Hill.

But the backbencher will walk into the weekly party caucus meeting here Wednesday morning — the first since last week’s terror attack — to encounter colleagues certain to have a greater sense of appreciation of his imposing presence.

The muscular six-foot-four, 256-pound ex-Mountie is one of a number of federal MPs with police, military or martial arts training who are being praised for their reassuring role in last week’s drama.
Apparently his expertise helped in this situation.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Who the hell cares whether he is retired or not. There is a possibility he is still employed by the RCMP and his post as Sargent at Arms is an arms length appointment. He did a hell of a job and should be congratulated not torn apart by idiots like a_britishcolumbian.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

helped? how? do you really send these people to ottawa to build forts out of furniture?

maybe if they spent more time in the real world rather than behind closed doors they wouldn't be running for a closet and fearing for their lives when a gun goes off.

Wilks, who served in the RCMP’s Emergency Response Team in Nelson and was the investigating officer in the 1991 riot during a concert at the Penticton Peach Festival. “I always assume they’re bad guys unless I hear or am told differently.”

so good of you fancy, to highlight that wilks indeed is not impartial.
T.Tsarnaev
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:so good of you fancy, to highlight that wilks indeed is not impartial.
Again you are thinking of another poster - I didn't say anything about being impartial.

Apparently his expertise helped in this situation.
is what I said.
Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks his past job was an asset.
“They were incredible, ex-military too,” Mr. Benoit said. “It’s absolutely incredible having that presence, the former police officers, the former military officers. They’re cool heads, they’re taking command right away, remarkable, what an asset. They are an asset in making legislation and they were an asset in protecting us yesterday.”

http://www.hilltimes.com/news/news/2014 ... guns/40022
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Stupid is as stupid does, what is your problem with this ex rcmp? Mockhair is a lawyer and an ex mla in Quebec of which Quebec is known to be corrupt is he corrupt in your view. This makes about as much sense as bc with he/she bumbling.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

alfred2, rcmp in parliament is not the only problem.

of the big 3 parties, would anyone be willing to call any single one of them 'clean' or 'honest'? not me.

when stephen and i parted from mulroney and the pcs, stephen went to manning, i went to hurtig.

http://www.natparty.com/

we once were aligned.

i know what he knows, i knew what he was going to do. what he is and has been doing.

rcmp in the commons is his design.
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Canada”