Why didn't 'Canadians' fight in WWI & WWII?

KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Re: Why did no Canadians fight in WWI & WWII ?

Post by KL3-Something »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:you all are so kind, and brave. so very brave. i would be so humbled and grateful, if you would be so benevolent and good to answer my questions, even though they are unworthy of you beautiful intelligent people.

You aren't looking for "answers" here.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

but i am :) opinions at least.

i see people in here going on about how wonderful 'canada' is, how great harper and his bunch are, and how good we have it, but simple questions, about what they supposedly believe, then full stop.

the ends do not meet.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote: do the fallen british not deserve 'canadian' status in your opinion?

Oh for $@#% sakes, they knew full well at the time that they were British subjects, they were fighting for King and country, get over it. I don't imagine you were anywhere near a Legion hall today, despite the fact that we're allowed to freely have this debate, in English....
Last edited by Hurtlander on Nov 11th, 2014, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:but i am :) opinions at least.

i see people in here going on about how wonderful 'canada' is, how great harper and his bunch are, and how good we have it, but simple questions, about what they supposedly believe, then full stop.

the ends do not meet.

Today would be a great day to go out and have a beer with a veteran and ask them. I suggest that somebody who actually fought in the wars under whichever status that they did would know the answer to your question better than you would.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Why didn't 'Canadians' fight in WWI & WWII?

having chinese with two lovely korean conflict vets right now :)
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

they knew full well at the time that they were British subjects, they were fighting for King and country

and that country wasn't canada?
T.Tsarnaev
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Exact historical data of this type is going to be elusive, of course, but for anyone sincerely interested and not just trolling or wanting to play silly little children games with semantics …
According to the Canadian Military Heritage Project, approximately 32,000 men initially assembled September 04, 1914 at Valcartier, Quebec as a response to England's acceptance of help. During the Great War, 1914 to 1918, the Canadian Expeditionary Force totaled about seven hundred thousand men. "During this monumental conflict, 619,636 served for Canada and over 66,000 gave their lives."

During the Second World War, Canada had one out of every three adult males in the military services, army, navy , and the air force. From 1939 to 1945, Canada had over one million one hundred thousand men in uniform. About 1,081,865 served with 200,000 in the RCAF and 106,000 in the RCN. Canada had 46,777 of its servicemen killed in action during WWII.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

game on :)

is it truly a sad day when a fundamental truth that serves as the foundation for a system of belief or behaviour or for a chain of reasoning is disregarded by the entity or entities that enshrined said truth to start with.

remembrance day.
T.Tsarnaev
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

When one incessantly endeavours to find a conspiracy under every rock, it should not come as a surprise that many no longer take said person seriously, if in fact they ever did.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:why were there no 'canadians' in the wars? why were there no 'canadians' period before 1947?

http://ckom.com/content/declare-pre-194 ... s-petition

No clear thinking person would give crap like this a second thought its all crap and its ridiculous to think otherwise
the only Veterans that I look up to are the brave men and women that fought in world war 1 and 2.All others such as afghan
Vets etc are hired mercenarys and none of these conflicts have anything to do with my freedom in canada
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Nov 12th, 2014, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

*removed*
Last edited by Jo on Nov 12th, 2014, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off-topic
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

My moderator deleted comment basically said it is a waste of time remarking on ABC's comments. He will twist your words or restate his question if you don't agree with him. Don't waste your time like I've just done. Twice now.
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

To ABC:

Perhaps you would wish to follow the "trail" of Canadian citizenship through the following Acts

- the Constitution Act of 1867
- the Aliens and Naturalization Act of 1868, which defined the process of naturalization through marriage and immigration
- there were a series of Acts passed first in Britain and then adopted in Canada that defined British subjects and therefore Canadian nationals"
- this was further defined under the Canadian Nationals Act of 1921 further defined the requirements for aliens to become Canadian citizens.

The cases you refer to represent examples where "proper documentation" can not be traced. The term citizens of Canada can clearly be traced back to the British North American Act. The problem lies not in the legal definition of a Canadian citizen but in the documentation of the change from an alien to a national (citizen). No conspiracy here.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

was 'proper documentation' the issue in the Lee example? it seems to be the date that is the issue.

Lee, an 81-year-old resident of Burnaby, B.C., who has been helping Chapman, said Chinese-Canadians fought and died for Canada during both world wars, even though they were not considered Canadian citizens or even British subjects.

Lee said that when he was born in Armstrong, B.C., in 1932, he was considered a registered alien and carried that title until 1947, when he became a citizen.

http://ckom.com/content/declare-pre-194 ... s-petition

there appears that people born before 1947 were not considered citizens, as during that time there was no avenue to attain it, as your history attests. no canadians, ever, before 1947.

as the query goes in the op, why has it not been changed? why was the act not retroactive in the first place?

when the 'government' lured "Canadian Citizens" to war, who were they talking to if no such thing existed? did they really publish school books with false information to program children? teaching them that "We are Canadian Citizens", which is as we know and they knew, an imaginary thing, not real at that time.
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Canada”